Chapter 5: "The Dinner Party"

A week had passed by surprisingly quickly. RJ had worked hard, and was impressive in all of his classes.

He very quickly went from being a quiet stranger, to being every teacher's favorite.

He was dedicated, and confident in everything he did. Unlike many others who didn't take college so seriously.

A lot  of students didn't want to be royalty to begin with, but they had a duty to their kingdoms.

That night, RJ was able to finally wear the suit that Faith had made for him. It was more on the casual side, but he loved it.

The dark blue color, and black trim brought out the sparkle in his eyes.

There was no need for shiny belts or badges. His stood out, without being too over the top.

RJ observed himself in the bathroom mirror, making sure that he was ready to head out.

Harry peeked into the bathroom, wearing a suit of his own. It was a traditional black, with embroidered musical notes.

"Hey, dude! You ready? My parents are crazy early. They want to see me already."

"Yeah." RJ turned towards him, "Let's head out."

The two finally exited their dorm room, and started walking down the hallway. They were visibly excited.

"I'm so happy that Mom and Dad are coming to see me. They're staying overnight too, so that we can hang out tomorrow." RJ said.

"My parents and sister are too busy to stay, but I am glad they still made time to come. Ah, I just sucks that I don't have a date."

"There's always next time. Right now, we should really be focusing on family."

—————————————————————

The party was held in the event hall near the college building. It was built specifically to hold events. Like galas, balls, and of course parties of all kinds.

RJ and Harry walked into the building, and noticed how fancy everything was. There were many tables filled up with five star meals, and gold decorations scattered about the area.

"Harry!"

The boys turned, seeing Harry's parents approach them.

His mother had reddish brown hair, and dressed in an elegant gold ballgown. Musical note accents decorated her dress.

Harry's father was very stern looking, and had much darker hair. His outfit was also gold, and lined with musical designs.

They were very regal. Harry had a completely different energy to him.

"Mom, Dad!" Harry hugged them, "Heya, how's it going?"

"Wonderful! Oh, who's this?"
"This is RJ. He's my friend. RJ, this is my mother and father. Seraphina and Alto Harper."

"It's nice to meet you. Your Majesties." RJ bowed.

"Please, don't be so formal. You're a friend of our son's." Seraphina smiled.

"Where's Harmony?" Harry asked.
"Oh, well...she was here. Let's go find her and Blaze. I want to talk to him."

Harry's parents started walking away, so Harry waved to RJ. "I need a little time with them. But I'll catch you later."

"No worries. Have fun."

Harry left RJ alone. With nothing else to do, his eyes scanned the room.

"Mom and Dad aren't here yet."