Act 2 Chapter 7: "Desperation"

The rain had finally started to fall over the kingdom of Syspocalypstar. Everything was cold, dark, and gloomy.

Faith looked out the window of her parents house, and enjoyed the weather. She had decided to take the day off of work, to just hang out with her family.

Ever since her shop opened, she's been fully booked on clients from all over. Watevra, Rex, and Marie spread the word about her business, and she was finally successful.

She had already moved out from her parents' home, and was renting out a house near one of the beaches. It was just big enough for her, and had a wonderful ocean view.

She finally turned her gaze away from the window, as she looked down at her sketchbook. She had drawn out several ball gowns, each with their own unique details.

"Princess."

Faith perked up, and turned towards Emmet, who entered the living room. He placed a glass of lemonade down on the coffee table, and looked over her shoulder.

"Thanks, Daddy. I love when you make it fresh."

"No problem. It's grandma's recipe. So, it's the best. Are you still working on something? I thought you were taking a break."

"This isn't for a client." The Special's daughter replied, "I'm making Rose a dress for RJ's birthday party. I thought about making Aunt Marie one too. As a surprise gift."

"Ah, man. She'd love that."

"I'm just not set on a design yet. I just wonder which design she would like best. Maybe I should ask RJ."

Emmet hummed, "What are you wearing?"
"A magenta pantsuit."

"Oh. That's something different."

"I'm a fashion professional, Dad. Trust me. It's going to look great with my new diamond jewelry. I'm surrounded by dresses all day. It'll be a nice change."

"Whatever you want. You look pretty in anything."

Suddenly, a knock sounded at the door. Which was unexpected, due to the weather.

The Special glanced at his daughter, before walking towards the house's front door. He opened it up, and his eyes widened at his visitor.

"Marie? Oh my gosh! Did you walk over here in the rain?!"

The Princess of Stardust shivered, as she hugged herself. Tears ran down her cheeks, and fell onto her already soaked dress. She was completely drenched in rainwater.

She was hoping to reach her destination before the rain started, but things didn't go as planned.

"I messed up." She started, "I don't know where else to go, I-!"

"Hey, come inside. It's okay." Emmet led her inside, and closed the door behind her.

Faith closed her sketchbook, and slid it underneath a nearby pillow. She watched her aunt sit on the couch, and shake the water off her hair.

"Are you okay, Aunt Marie?" She asked.
"No, something...something happened. Is your mom here?"

"Yes. I'll go get her."

Faith stood up, and left the room, while Emmet placed a blanket over Marie. She held it close, as she wiped her tears.

After a few seconds, Faith returned with her mother. With the whole family present, the Princess could finally speak.

"Marie, what's wrong?" Lucy started, "We know that it must be important."

"I didn't want you getting involved, but I don't know what else to do. Rex and RJ are in another dimension right now."