Chapter 14: "Love's Power"

For a moment, RJ was in darkness.

His unconscious mind was pitch black, yet daring to fall into the comforts of a dream. A dream where he no longer had to worry about the safety of his parents, his friends, or his kingdom.

His mind glowed a deep, shimmering blue, and he finally woke up, but within a vision of his own mind. A dream. And nothing more.

He sat up, blinking as he looked around his dream realm. "Huh? What...?"

It was reminiscent of the dream he had when he was corrupted, all those years ago. Throughout the blue color surrounding him, he saw slight images of his life.

"This...place. I'm dreaming." RJ realized, "I mean, I must be."

The Prince stood on his feet, and looked at his reflection in the surrounding, glittering walls. His hair glowed blue, symbolizing the power in his body.

"I must have gained some power from that blast." He recalled, touching his bangs. "But I can't be asleep right now! I have to find a way to stop Mr. Ember."

He sighed, leaning against the wall, and sliding down onto the ground. He was exhausted, but knew that he had to win.

If Blaze won, then the universe would be his, Marie would be corrupted forever, and the universe would fall into despair.

The images in his mind flashed, displaying memories of Marie and RJ together. Moments from when he was very little, to very recently, were displayed in a gentle, and calming light.

"I was caught. How am I going to win this? Mom...I just want you to be okay. I don't know what I would do without you." He cried, "I might be eighteen, I might be in college... but I still need you. I think I'll always need you."

The Prince looked at the area around him, as his glowing bangs sways freely. He stood up, and touched the wall, feeling his power. The power that the universe gifted him with.

"Universe, please...tell me what to do. How do I save Mom? I need help. If you're connected to my power at all, please give me some guidance."

The environment flickered, as RJ sighed deeply. He almost didn't want to wake up, and face reality again.

He only wanted happiness. He could have never imagined things would go so wrong, from him trying to live out his dream.

"I'm sorry, Mom."

"...There's no need to be sorry, RJ. Your mother loves you. Regardless of the choices you've made."

An unfamiliar female voice echoed through the dream realm. It was sweet, yet strong and confident.

The Prince of Stardust jumped slightly, as the blue coloring around him swirled into a pink instead.

The light from it reflected in his eyes, before he turned around, meeting the gaze of a woman, who strangely reminded him of his mother. However, she was not her.

Her short brown and deep pink hair swayed, as she moved closer to him. The glittering pink in her gown, and arms almost blended in with the surroundings.

RJ blinked, "Who are you?"

"Me?" The woman smiled, "I'm your grandma! My goodness. You're so big now. The universe sent me to you. You must be in some kind of trouble."

"...Grandma Sylvanna?"
"Yes, Dear!"

The Prince's eyes widened in disbelief.