Act 2 Chapter 2: "Second Son"

Marex, the second son of Rex and Marie, sat alone in a prison cell. He read through a few books that he requested to pass the time, while Rex and RJ watched him from the outside.

Both of them stood in utter and complete shock.

"There's...no way..." The Defender uttered, "A second son? I think I'd definitely remember having a second son."

"He's from another dimension. One where he was born." RJ responded, "But he's...a villain."

"Mom and I don't raise villains. Something isn't right here. Was he supposed to be born here? When? What time? What day?"

"I don't know, but he's two years younger than me. Two years...did he say his birthday?"

"July seventh." RJ answered.

Rex counted back about nine months, trying his best to remember the time from when RJ was two years old.

He gasped, "The power outage."
"The what?"

"Um, I'll...don't worry about it. But it all kind of adds up now."

Marie suddenly entered the cell block, and waved to her husband and son. Rex had called her, and told her to meet up with them. They had a lot to discuss.

"Hey, what's going on?"
"Starlight." He turned, "Okay, uh...this is a bit complicated.

"Complicated?"

"...I should talk to you. Away from RJ."
"Yeah, sure."

The Defend pulled his wife away from the cell, and towards the end of the cell block. Before they separated from RJ, she gave Marex a quick glance.

"Who's in the cell?" She questioned.
"You are not going to believe this."

"Try me. I'll believe anything at this point."

He held her hands, and leaned in closer to her. He didn't want her to freak out, but she had to know the truth.

"The boy in that cell is our son."
Marie blinked, "RJ? But he doesn't look like him."

"No. Like...our other son. He's our second son from another universe. In another dimension we have another kid."

"...what?!" Marie whispered in disbelief, "We do?!"
"Apparently, and unfortunately. He's the bad guy."

She frowned, "When were we supposed to have him? I can't think of a time we ever thought of having a second child."

"RJ was two. Based on the information we gathered from him, he was probably supposed to be conceived very late October. The night of the Stardust Fall Festival. I'm guessing."

"Oh, right. I remember. We, um..." The Princess blushed, "We wanted to do it that night, but the festival blew the entire town's power out. It was a disaster."

"Because I didn't check the power sources. They had been glitching out all week."

"And duty called. Actually, that was the one day I forgot to take my birth control! Oh my gosh. I didn't think it would be such a big deal."

Rex ran his hand through his bangs, and leaned against the nearby wall. He sighed deeply. "What the heck, Man? This kind of stuff only happens to us."

Marie touched her chin, as she took a moment to think. She had read about other dimensions, and what made them unique, but never once thought she could use the information.

"Goodness. It must be true."
"What? What's true?"

"There's a theory about dimensions written in books. Sometimes, a sudden thought comes into your mind, and that is your dimensional choice. In one dimension you act on it, and in one you don't. The night of the festival...I thought about reminding you to check the power sources, but...I didn't."