Act 2 Chapter 9: "Siblings"

RJ was completely overwhelmed with power, and that resulted in him being stuck in his mind. Alone, and hurting.

He breathed heavily, in a visible panic, as he looked around. Only a deep blue surrounded him, as it swirled chaotically.

He finally realized what had happened. The power had put so much stress in his body, that he had once again passed out.

This time, if he couldn't be stronger than power itself, he could fail in overcoming it.

He hugged himself, and gripped onto his hoodie. That wasn't supposed to happen again. Things were supposed to be different. He was supposed to be better.

He once again gave into his fear of not being good enough. He was just a human. That's all he was in the end.

He was supposed to be a perfect hero. With a perfect future.

His hair swayed, and continued to glow, as his sorrow deepened, and corrupted him at his core. Much like the power would, if he did nothing to stop it.

"No..." RJ shivered, "No, I'm supposed to control it. I've gotten better! Why did I black out? I need this power to stop Surge."

"No, you need this power to join Surge. You know that he's right."

The Prince turned quickly, hearing a familiar, and chilling voice.

Behind him was a version of himself. The corrupted version that was created by Zeke, all those years ago.

"Huh?"

"Oh, come on. Don't you remember? Your parents don't care about you. Besides, you are useless without power."

"Useless?" RJ frowned, "Honestly...sometimes it feels that way."

The area around him sparkled, as the image of himself circled him. He tensed up, and clenched his fists. He was confident in winning, but now he wasn't so sure.

A hero had his faults.

"You're all power, and you know it. Accept this, and it will be permanent."

"I...it's true that me saving the world from Mr. Ember was ninety percent power. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't win."

"And all that was for people who didn't appreciate you. Well, be satisfied that there is someone who does."

"Surge?" RJ realized, "He's my...uncle."

"Considering all you've been through, it shouldn't be that much of a plot twist."

"Our world is...complicated." He continued.

Images flashed around him, catching his attention. The visions were of him being weak, and powerless. Unable to do anything on his own.

They shifted, and suddenly showed everyone hating that weakness. His parents, his family, his friends, and his girlfriend.

He wanted to be stronger.

His other version stepped in front of him, and offered his hand. RJ's expression grew serious, yet cold.

"Accept this power, and you'll never be weak again."