Act 2 Chapter 8: "Surge of Power"

Marex waited on the outskirts of Apocalypseburg. His eyes were once again cold, and deprived of joy. Surge had once again corrupted his mind.

The wind moved through the area, as he crossed his arms, growing impatient. The weather had grown cloudy and dark.

Every dimension felt a disturbance.

Before his mind could wander any further, Surge finally teleported in front of him, and lowered the device he was holding.

"That didn't take too long, did it?"

Marex shrugged, "Do you think RJ will do it?"

"He will. We just have to be patient. I'm certain that everything will go according to plan."

"I sure hope so, because I'm sick of all the traveling. You have the ability to absorb power too. Why don't you?"

Surge waved his hand, and looked around. As if the Prince had spoken something forbidden.

"We talked about this. I can't have more than a little bit. Just like..." He paused, "You and RJ are better suited for this mission. We've already discussed this."

"I just think I deserve a break once in a while. I get tired. I'm only sixteen, and you're using me like I'm fully grown." Marex replied.

Surge frowned, and somehow showed a genuine concern. "Okay, fine. We'll take a break, but we're back on our feet as soon as Rex and RJ leave this dimension. Do you understand?"

"Yes. I got it."

Suddenly, the rain finally started pouring down. It burst from the clouds above with all their might.

Surge jumped, and quickly pulled his hood over his colored hair. He sighed deeply.

"Shoot, let's get out of the rain."

Marex followed him to a nearby building, where they stood underneath the roof for shelter. The Prince sat on the ground, with the Villain felt his hair.

The Dangervests knew that Surge was their main threat, but they knew very little about him. Not even Marex knew the full story.

He was shrouded in mystery.

He removed his hand from his blue locks, and cringed. Blue hair dye stuck to his glove, and he shivered at the sight.

His weaknesses and insecurities started to show, now that he was away from the people who would judge him.

"I wasn't focused on the weather. Ah, this can't wash off. I have stuff to do. I can't just dye it again."

"Is your real hair color really that bad? I'm sure it looks fine."

"No, it doesn't. I've always hated it." Surge tugged on his hood, "Let's not talk about me."

"But I'm interested in you. I hardly know anything about you."

"And I'd like to keep it that way."

Marex hummed, "Can I ask you small questions?"

The Villain looked at the rain. It wasn't going anywhere. He sighed again, knowing that he was stuck for the time being.

"Small."

"Okay." The Prince crossed his legs, "What's your real name?"

"Didn't you hear me?! I said 'small'!" Surge screamed.

"Okay! Okay! Can you at least tell me a little about your home dimension?"

"My home dimension?" He paused, "It's...more or less the same as yours. Expect, I'm the difference and you're not."