Chapter 7: "Wish"

It had been a while since Ryder had gone to the cafeteria.

RJ looked down at his phone, checking the time. Twelve minutes had already passed by.

"Ryder should be back by now. Shouldn't he?"

"He is usually fast, and you know him best." Marie mentioned, "Baby, if you want to go check on him, you can. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? I'd really hate to leave you alone."

"Yes, I'll just wait here for you. Maybe I'll call Dad and ask if he's made it home yet."

"Alright."

RJ stood up from his seat, and turned towards the door. He felt nervous, as if he knew something was wrong.

The feeling just would leave him, no matter how often he reassured himself.

He finally stepped out of the room, and swiftly made his way towards the main college building. He ran fast enough to where his hair swayed, and bounced at every stop.

"Ryder!" He called out, "Ryder! Where are you, boy?"

His voice echoed as he walked through the strangely empty courtyard, and into the college building.

'Did he get lost? Maybe?' RJ thought.

He asked Ryder ahead of time if he knew his way back, but perhaps he simply forgot.

"RJ! There you are."

The Prince heard the familiar voice of his close friend, and roommate.

He turned quickly, seeing Harry approach him. Even he appeared worried, and tense.

"Harry, have you seen Ryder?"

"Yeah, actually. Um...he was a bit hurt on the way back. A little fall, but he's mostly fine. What really suffered what the furniture damage."

"Gosh, Is he okay?"
"Yeah, but..."

Harry trailed off, as if he was choked up by the words he planned to speak. He didn't want to say anything, but he knew he had to.

All had to go according to plan.

"I took him to Mr. Ember. He's checking him out, but also questioning him about the damages. It is his college after all."

"Thank you for telling me." RJ replied.

"Yeah...let's head to the office then."

RJ and Harry headed to Blaze's office, very quickly, since they both knew the way.

RJ was even faster, because of the worry he had for his raptor friend. Who just happened to be in a convincing human form.

The two finally made it to the office, and Harry opened the door for RJ.

As soon as he stepped into the office, he spoke.

"Forgive the intrusion, Mr. Ember. You have my friend here? I'm really sorry, I invited him over. I should-"

"Calm yourself, Dangervest." Blaze stepped forward, "I have him nearby, but...I'm more interested in you."

Something about the way he said that gave RJ chills. It was a completely different tone from his usual friendly one.

The atmosphere of the office became more apparent. It was dark, as all of the sunlight was blocked by thick curtains.

The only light was provided by the lamp of Ember's desk. Everything was unsettling.

"Huh?"

Blaze lifted a glowing hand, and the office door shut with a loud slam. A red aura surrounded it, making it unreachable.