Chapter 12: "Reminiscing"

The group walked through Melody, heading towards Rexcelsior.

RJ and Harry talked to each other, about everything that had happened since Blaze took over everything.

Rose and Faith walked just behind them, and the redhead kept her gaze to the decorated ground.

She was absolutely heartbroken that her crush had no yet remembered her. She thought that her impact on his life was a huge one, but for some reason, it wasn't enough

The Special's Daughter noticed this, and whispered some kind words to her.

"Don't lose hope. He'll remember you."
"What if he doesn't?" Rose worried.

"He mentioned you to me so many times. There's no way he's not going to. You're one of his closest, and most cherished friends."

"But I knew him before Harry. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm just...confused."

"I understand." Faith touched her shoulder, "Don't lose hope, okay? RJ's excitable, and goes fast, but he will stop, look into your eyes, and remember everything. Just give him time."

"Okay. Yeah." Rose sighed, "Well, at least you're nice. His dad is too."

"Uncle Rex is one of the best." Faith chuckled, "But it's easy for him and Mom to argue. It doesn't mean I love him any less though."

"They don't get along?"
"It's a...long story. You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Hey! What gives?!" Rex sounded suddenly.

Everyone's attention went to Rexcelsior. It was swarmed by the curious citizens of Melody, and adoring fans.

Ryder stood just outside of the spaceship's entrance, trying to shop then away, however, it wasn't helping the situation much.

"Ryder, you were supposed to watch the ship."
"I'm sorry, Dad. They came out of nowhere."

The Defender stepped in front of Rexcelsior, motioning everyone away. For a moment, he had completely forgotten that he was famous.

Everyone talked about his heroic deeds, and how wonderful he was ruling Stardust alongside his wife.

It was a casual appreciation in Syspocalypstar, but in other places, it was much different.

"Hey, get back, guys! We're busy here."

A few fangirls in the audience screamed in excitement. Each of them called out to him.

"I love you, Prince Rex!"
"You're so hot!"
"Can you date me?!"

"Uh, no thanks. I'm happily married." Rex turned, "Come on, kids. Get in there."

Emmet and Lucy held Faith close to them, as they walked inside. RJ, Rose, and Harry followed after them.

"Step back! I'm going to launch this thing! The engine can, and will fry off your skin! So, if you wanna keep it, leave!

Rex pushed Ryder back inside, and quickly closed Rexcelsior's entrance. He sighed, walking towards the ship's main control panel.

"That was an absolute nightmare."

"I thought you would enjoy the attention." Lucy  responded.

"Not that kind of attention. I get it, I'm ridiculously handsome, and the coolest guy in the universe...but still..."

"Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that."

Rex gave her the side eye, before pressing in the correct coordinates to return to Syspocalypstar.