Chapter 15: "Remorse"

Blaze Ember paced his office, and gripped his amulet tightly. He knew that he had to get rid of Marie as an obstacle, but he wasn't sure how.

He just hoped that Rex and RJ would do the job for him, but it appeared that his hopes were too outstretched.

He had all the power in the universe, but had to use it carefully. If he had to fight the Princess to the death, then he had to be prepared for that.

He could not lose his college. It was his everything. He owned it since the moment he was ready for it. There was no hesitation.

He studied hard and worked years in tutoring, teaching, and being a principal. Now that he was at his most successful, he feared to lose it all.

"I don't know why I'm scared. Power is the only thing that matters...but..."

Just as he thought the fear would subside, and that he would find his bravery, the doors to the office swung open.

The echo of the doors slamming against the walls sent chills down his spine. He turned slowly, seeing none other than the Princess of Stardust and her husband enter the darkened room.

Her aura was as sinister as ever, and her once bright eyes were darkened with the shadow of wickedness.

"Princess...what's he doing here?"
"He's my husband. He's always welcome to follow me."

Blaze sneered at Rex, "I thought you were taking care of her. Isn't that what I asked you to do?"

"She...uh..."
"Nice try, Ember." Marie held her husband's arm, "Rex told me everything. You won't strip me of my power, and you won't take my son from me."

"I thought you wanted her back to normal."

"I do." The Defender replied, "But she's like...so gorgeous, Dude. Ugh, she learned how to activate her charm, and I really can't resist anything she tells me to do."

"Her charm?"

"It's like an exclusive thing to pink xylens. The aliens of attraction. It's just a mess. She's never been able to do it until now."

"You're mine. Wrapping you around my finger is easy." Marie stated, "My power is connected to you."

She ran her hand under Rex's jawline, and turned his head to face her. The glow from her eyes reflected in his own, and he swooned over her.

It was an unusual sight. Given their distinct personalities, it should have been the other way around.

"Princess, I can't give you my college. I am willing to fight for it if necessary. Neither you, or your son will get what you want."

"Hmm, so be it. Honey, why don't you destroy him? I'll back you up."

"Of course, Starlight. Anything for you." Rex obeyed.

He rushed towards Ember at full speed, and aimed his fist. The Prince of Fira quickly dodged the attack by an inch, watching the Defender destroy the large wall behind him instead.

The whole thing came crashing down, and the clicking of bricks echoed throughout the fiery courtyard.

Not a student, or staff member was around to witness the utter chaos that had ensued. For a moment, everything was silent.

Blaze breathed, and regained his composure. He couldn't be afraid. He had to defend what was his.

He threw his magic towards Rex, in his frustration, however it was immediately deflected, and sent back towards him, due to Marie putting a protective force field over her husband.