Chapter 8: "Memory"

Rose stepped in front of the newly designed college. It had been completely transformed by magic.

The courtyard was lined with red bricks and torches. The building itself sparkled like freshly lit flame.

"Where's Cyrus?" She questioned, "He was supposed to meet me here. He can't still be asleep."

Her memory had been altered by magic. She didn't remember RJ coming to college, or anything that happened with him the week prior.

He had helped her so much through her miserable time, and made her happy. Now, she was sad all over again.

She only had Cyrus to guide her through college.

She sat down on the nearby bench, and placed her bag beside her. She then pulled out a notebook with a floral design and pencil.

"I should check my notes before class."

Rose hummed quietly to herself, as she opened the notebook and skimmed through the pages.

"Um, which one is for etiquette? Oh, there it is." She picked up her pencil, "I'll write the test reminder for Friday."

"Rose."

The princess-to-be looked up, finally seeing her fiancé walk up to her.

"Cyrus. Good Morning. Well...it is closer to noon."

"Terrible Morning. I didn't sleep well, and something just feels so off today."

"Off?" Rose questioned, "How so?"
"I don't know. It just does. Something in the stars is different."

"I hope it's nothing bad." Rose wrote in her notebook, "I was hoping for a peaceful day."

Cyrus sat beside her, and looked up at the sky. It was seemingly a beautiful day, and he had no complaints.

Still, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. It bothered him.

"Maybe it's just me being anxious. This college really isn't a place for me."

"I know, but what can we do?"

Rose put her notebook and pencil back into her bag, and pulled it back onto her shoulder.

"We should go to class. Our next one is the only one together."

"Yeah. Okay."

—————————————————————

Meanwhile, Blaze carried on with usual work, except much more powerful than before.

RJ's celestial power brought him so much possibilities. His power was endless, and the strongest in the universe.

He looked down from his office window, and eyed all the students, who had no idea of his villainy.

The door to his office suddenly opened, and Robert stepped in. His most trusted friend.

"I...love what you've done with the place."

"Isn't it wonderful?" Blaze turned, "I let you keep your memories. You're my friend, after all. And you do your work so well."

"So, where's the boy now? If you've stolen his powers from him."

"He's never going to be a problem. So, why bother thinking about it? Oh, I do have some files for you."

Blaze moved to his desk, and pushed a stack of files towards Robert.

"I need those done by tonight."

Robert picked up the stack, and thought about his next choice of words. He still wasn't convinced that everything was over and done with.