Chapter 11:- First day after Marriage (2)

Shehnaaz and Ishani were in  the kitchen making breakfast according to the rituals.

After an hour , everyone in the family was present on the dining table for breakfast.

Sanyukta and Anamika were helping their daughter in-laws in moving the breakfast to the dining table.

" Shehnaaz, Ishani, come and have breakfast with  everyone", Daksh said.

Shehnaaz was about to sit near Sanyukta when….

" Bhabhi,why are you sitting there? Your place is here beside our brother", Sidharth's cousin, Ayush, said, teasing the couple.

" It's okay", Shehnaaz whispered.

" No…no…he's right….you are newly wed. You should sit beside your husband", Sanyukta said.

" Sidharth, tum kuch kaho na…", Sanyukta said, complaining.

" Sit", Sidharth said in his dominating voice…

Finally, Shehnaaz was made to sit beside Sidharth.

In the last, Shehnaaz and Ishani serve everyone the dessert which was the main part of the ritual.

Shehnaaz had made kheer while Ishani had made suji ka halwa.

" Woah!!! Shehnaaz Bhabhi ne to  bhai ki favourite kheer banai hai. Bhabhi aapko kisne btaya bhai ko kheer pasand hai?"Dhriti asked.

Everyone was looking at Shehnaaz expecting her to say something.

" mujhe nahi pata tha…. It was just a coincidence", Shehnaaz lied.

" What a beautiful coincidence…", Dhriti said, teasing her.

Sidharth took the spoon and tasted the kheer. He was lost for a second. He felt like he had the same kheer before but he didn't remember where.

" How is it??", Ayush asked Sidharth.

Everyone was looking at his face waiting for him to say something. Shehnaaz was eagerly waiting for him to say something.

Although it was not the first time he was eating the kheer made by her but it was before the accident so Shehnaaz was feeling a little nervous.

" Nice", Sidharth said, making Shehnaaz smile.

Elders in the family gave Shagun to Shehnaaz and Ishani for their first Rasoi Ritual.

Aarav gave a beautiful pendant to Ishani as a gift.

"Sidharth, where is your gift?"Gayatri, Sidharth's grandmother, asked.

" I forgot", Sidharth said, casually.

" Sidharth!! How can you forget about it??", his mother asked, angrily.

" It's okay", Shehnaaz said, giving a smile to her mother-in-law. Although she was feeling sad, she didn't want to show it on her face.

" I will give her something later", Sidharth said while picking some files.

" Where are you going?", His mother asked.

" Office", Sidharth replied.

" Aaj tumhare reception hai Sidharth. Aap kuch kehte kyu nhi aapne ladle bete ko", Sanyukta said, complaining to her husband Viraj.

" Sidharth…", Viraj tried to say something.

" Dad, I will be back in two hours. Moreover reception is in the evening", Sidharth said.