Chapter Nine Mama Bear

Dedicated to MajenBeos02Babyalex34bethansarahcarmeapple
________________________________________________________________________________
April 23, 2019, 8:31 pm, Marcello's POV

    "Does everyone understand?" Nilo finishes with a sigh after Vico explains Hermes's biology for the sixth time. 'He is a Half-Breed Beta and a Half-breed Omega. But he has a Heat so he is more HB-o than Beta. The problem most of us cannot wrap our heads around is that Half-breed Omega is already half of something. So he should be seventy-five percent Beta and twenty-five percent Omega. Because full Half-breed Omegas are only fifty to sixty-five percent Omega. But Hermes somehow is not. For a regular HB-o to have a naturalized Heat, the Omega percentage has to be near sixty percent. But through all this HB-o biology, he smells like a Beta.'

    "You said at fifteen years old. When most HB-os present and prepare to join a Pack. His blood test was emerald green?" I ask Aver who nibbles his bottom lip nervously and nods.

    "Firstly, we are not mad at you all. We completely understand why you would hide this. It is a scary prospect to share with a Pack after his former Pod treated him so abominably." Rio cuts me off, but I nod because Aver looks scared. 'Not of us, but the situation that has blossomed out of their control. Aver and Orion are the only ones down here. Mino and Lemon are with the children upstairs and Diana and Theseus are in her nest with Hermes.'

    "Did it ever change to lavender? Or another color?" Achille asks next to me and Amore on his other side nods along to the question. Aver swallows hard.

     "I tested him after his second Heat. It showed up as a murky Purplish gray. Like the clouds before a major storm. None of us had any training with the science of it, and it seemed juvenile that it was as simple as green and purple make gray." Aver says blushing and biting down harder on his lip. I feel my normally quiet Berserker Alpha wake up. Not in a violent way which I'm becoming used to. But I want with everything in me to stop Aver from hurting himself. I fist my hand sitting up rigidly. 'Stop it,' is on the tip of my tongue. Jules catches my eyes and looks at me oddly. Nilo on Aver's other side looks down and turns Aver to him and pulls the lip free.

    "If someone needs to get punished we do that. Stop hurting your lip." Nilo orders in a smoky growl and Aver blushes crimson and nods, licking said lip. And I relax.

    "They do make gray," Basilio says, humming and looking down at his tablet. 'His focus has been mostly on it during this whole family meeting.

    "Is he going to be okay?" Moonie asks quietly and Antonio, Dante, and Vico immediately rush to confirm.

    "We are going to take care of him. This is just an important meeting because we do not want any confusion. We want you all to feel free to ask us questions." Amore tells her and Aisha who is nervously fiddling with her dress. Both Rhos relax but Drago looks like she is bursting with questions.

    "Dolcezza, what is it?" Massimo asks returning to give Aver a glass of water. Aver takes it with a great deal of surprise which makes me smile.

    "Where does he go on the hierarchy? He is both Upper Pack and Lower Pack. Ciro is the highest Beta, isn't he? And Diana is the highest authority in the Lower Pack. So where does he go? Where does he fit?" Drago bursts out and Pandora on her side grabs her hand frantically shaking her head.

    "She did not mean it," Pandora says over her last words and Drago pales a bit and freezes.

     "Bambolina. We asked for questions, we would hardly get mad at questions." Achille comforts her and she relaxes partially but holds Drago's hand still worried. [Baby Doll]