Chapter Ten Expect the Unexpected

Dedicated to MajenBeos02bethansarahBabyalex34carmeapple
________________________________________________________________________________

April 27, 2019, 5:43 pm, Moonie's POV

    'It is odd to go back to 'normal' after the week we have had.' I think while wiping down the library bookshelves with Lemon's wood cleaning spray. Omegas and Half-breed Omegas are the glue that keeps the Pack or Pod together, so when they are in trouble, the whole Pack or Pod works into a frenzy to keep the house afloat. 'Hermes's Heat was the longest I have ever spent in a nest. Jules insisted that us being ready for whatever was helping. But I feel like Lemon and I were stagnant for hours. However, when we were needed problems kept coming until we wished to be stagnant again.'

    "Hi!" Orion says, making me jump out of my thoughts. I look down first and see the library table is so shiny I can see my distorted reflection in it. I look up at Orion and smile.

    "Hermes still sleeping?" I ask and Orion nods pushing a rolling ladder into the library. 'Betas are like the Rhos of the Upper Pack, so our duties make us work closely together often. Rhos take care of any Dynamic children until they reach school age. Then they are meant to be reared mostly by the Betas. They also help us organize and store food, while also assisting when our housework calls for heavy lifting and any outdoor job. The only difference is while we report to the Gammas, the Betas report to the Nus... but Orion is not suited to assist. He can, but if the job appears too difficult he defaults to risky problem-solving. The Alphas have yet to catch him, but as Rhos we all agreed to watch him closely, so we do not take the rap for it.'

    "Aver and Jules got him to eat some potato soup, and he gobbled it up, and then snuggled back into his nest and fell back to sleep. Alpha Dante said it was normal to sleep often, with the long incomplete Heat. Said Hermes should be up and moving tomorrow, but if he is not, High Alpha is going to have to feed him." Orion says and pushes the ladder up to the bookshelf it lightly collides, but a crystal vase on the top wobbles dangerously. I take a deep breath, feel my heart wobble with it, then the vase settles and I sigh in relief. I finish the wood surfaces and pull out the 'Rho book' and check off the Library, date, and name it.

    "Alpha Achille said the deadline is tomorrow because Hermes needs fresh air and to start moving. He looks alright to me. I asked him about his Heat when I helped him bathe this morning. He just blushed, but did not look like he was hurting to me." Orion says and begins climbing up the ladder.

    "What are you doing?" I ask after nodding to Orion's words. 'Rho jobs in this house are separated depending on Rho's tier. Mino's job is the kitchen, all the meals, planning, storing goods, and directing us on how to help. Aisha is Alex's caretaker and Drago is Peace's caretaker. Ciro decided that as long as Peace is happy, there is no reason to place Peace with a Beta, despite him being school-age. Both Aisha and Drago work with the boys, watch Aurora when Hermes is unavailable, help out before and after meals, and pick two rooms on the first floor to clean every other day. Their load appears bigger but they are often given breaks from the children. Due to the Alphas or Diana worrying that we are overworked then randomly swooping in and taking the babies for several hours at a time. Lemon delegates the cleaning standards to all of us Rhos. Then cleans the Southern and the Eastern wings of the house. And yet if we so much as allude to being tired the Alphas appear randomly and take over the job. At first, we all worried we were failing them, but we are used to it now. This is how Lupi-Pack Alphas help, and though it is not how I was trained, it is very sweet of them.'

    'My job in the house is to help clean the Northern and Western wings. So Diana's nest falls under my responsibility. Her nest takes special care. There are parts we are not allowed to touch, places she elected to clean herself, but lately, with her pregnant belly, her movement is restricted. So she relented and asked me to help her clean. I wish she would allow me to clean without her. She needs to rest, but my Omega is strong and stubborn.' I smile thinking of her and a groan from Orion makes my gaze fly back to him after I have collected my supplies. He is on his tippy toes trying to reach... a flower vase?