🍿Cheated/New friends🍿

Most messed up thing I've made :brokenheart: also i rushed bc i don't like this fr Y'all I'm supposed to make you cry. (Blame the person who wants angst 🙄🙄🙄🤮🤮🤮 /j)

High School AU _________________________________________

Eight years ago, Espresso was walking down the school hallway. He was going to his locker, as always. It was a routine he picked up over the years, along with being at school approximately at 9:25 am. Espresso looked at the clock to see he was early, as it was 9:23 am, but he decided to just roll with it. Espresso made it to his locker, where he met with his boyfriend, Madeleine.

"Good morning Espresso!" Madeleine said, in which Espresso just grunted in response. Their relationship had been rocky the past few months. Both of them didn't have that much time to talk because of their busy schedules. It was as plain as day that it was a problem that had the very much potential to sooner or later break their relationship.

"How are you?" Madeleine asked, helping Espresso get out his needed books for the day.

"A little tired I suppose," Espresso mumbled. Madeleine and Espresso did not share any classes together, and only shared the same lunchtime. Espresso sat with Madeleine and his friends Milk, Purple Yam, and a few of his knight "buddies" that Espresso didn't care to learn the names of. Espresso brought his research partner Latte who would bring her friend Raspberry. Espresso got along with both of them fairly well, considering them to be in his small friend circle and his true friends.

The bell rang and Espresso kissed Madeleine's cheek as a goodbye. Madeleine looked at Espresso and smirked as he scurried off to his first period, giving him a quick goodbye as well before he went off to his first period of the day.

---Lunch Time---

Three pointless classes later, it was lunch. Espresso sat at the circle table in the patio to the right of Madeleine, just like he always did. Latte was sitting next to Espresso and Raspberry was sitting to the left of Madeleine.

Latte and Espresso were closer than he was with Raspberry. Raspberry was basically everything Espresso was not, meaning she got along with everyone on the table amazingly. She understood the fighting tactics and had no scratch on her elegant armor and could definitely be classified as 'one of the knights' and Espresso knew about her "secret" obvious crush on his boyfriend. Espresso was never worried, because if Raspberry was that much different from him than she was just a friend to Madeleine and Madeleine would never cheat on him.

"Oh Espresso Cookie, I can't help but notice you look lost in thought there. Something on your mind? I can lend you an ear." Latte comforted her friend. Everyone else at the table was talking about something, but both of the coffee cookies sitting down did not care.

"Nevermind that Latte, there are no concerns." Espresso said casually. Latte frowned at how secretive her friend was, letting out soft sigh.

"Espresso, you can talk to me about anything. Okay?" Latte said.

"What is there to talk about? We both know the outcome of me and Madeleine. I want it to work out but we're so busy..! It's just not going to happen the way things are going right now." Espresso whispered, cracking his voice. He looked up at Madeleine to make sure he wasn't listening to their conversation.

"I know but don't let things go too far like this. You need to fight for what's yours." Latte said, patting Espresso on the back.

"Thanks for your concerns, I will speak with him tonight."

"Anytime."

___________________________________________

"Espresso! Please don't accuse me of something like that..! Please don't be jealous that I spend more time with Raspberry than you." Madeleine shutted at Espresso.