Chapter Five: Violet Like the Dawn....Wait That Makes No Sense

I slowly open my eyes to find myself tied to a chair in a dark room.

How cliche.

I wait for a minute for my eyes to adjust and look around the room.

Hmm.

I seem to be missing a certain navy purple haired person.

"KUNI-CHAAN! I HAVE A QUESTION!" I shout, hoping my strange way of going about this will cause him to show his face.

Suddenly, the man I'm looking for appears beside me.

"What the hell do you want?" He asks me, an annoyed and confused look on his face.

"Do you...have more than one name?" I ask.

Kunikuzushi thinks for a moment.

"No. Why?" He asks.

"When I rubbed the name tag on the body bag, 'Kunikuzushi' rubbed away and the name tag said 'Scaramouche'." I say.

Kunikuzushi shakes his head.

"I've never heard that name in my life." He says.

"What about in your death?" I ask.

"Very funny." Kuni deadpans.

"What? I'm serious. Look, do you know where the heck we are? Actually, before that, am I even still alive? I got kinda slashed by Riyuko." I ask.

Kunikuzushi suddenly punches my arm.

"Ow." I say, wincing from the pain. For a skinny dead guy, he's actually surprisingly strong.

"Nope, you're still alive." Kunikuzushi says, keeping his straight expression.

"How the heck do you know that?" I ask.

"Well, you see, I've felt no pain ever since I died. You can feel pain, you're alive. How you're alive, however, I do not know." Kuni says.

"Actually, Kuni-chan, there's something about you that's been bothering me. Mind if I ask?" I question.

Kuni shakes his head.

I shift a little on the chair.

"You died when you were nineteen, right?" I ask.

Kuni rolls his eyes.

"You're so smart." He says.

"Is that a yes?" I ask.

"Yes, it's a yes." Kuni says.

I narrow my eyes at Kunikuzushi, looking him up and down.

"If you died when you were nineteen, why do you look like you're twenty-three going on twenty-four?" I ask.

Kunikuzushi tilts his head in confusion.

"Maybe because it's been four years...?" Kuni says.

I shake my head.

"That doesn't make sense. If the spirits of dead people slowly aged, they would eventually either die again or just become so old and shriveled that they just kinda become a blob. Besides, even if dead spirits aged until they reached adulthood, that wouldn't apply to you because you were nineteen, and the age of adulthood is eighteen." I say, running all the facts over in my head.

"Well....what do you think is going on? I'm no expert on death." Kuni says.

"I'm not either. Well, we'll come back to that. There isn't enough evidence to make a full claim yet. Anyways, do you know where we are?" I ask.

Kuni narrows his eyes.

"If I had to take a guess...I'd say somewhere dark." Kunikuzushi says.

"Ha-ha. Do you know if you can untie me?" I ask, shifting around to try and loosen the ropes around me.