Chapter Eleven: Elsa But Cries a lot, Is Super Pure, and is Scared Of Everything

I take a deep breath and try again.

"Calm yourself Ayaka, you're okay. Stop crying. Now tell me, what happened to you?" I ask.

Ayaka's tears don't stop, but she's easier to understand now, so I guess that's a win.

"Oh Heizou, it was terrible! This...woman I think...dressed in black...she grabbed me and I woke up here! I'm so scared, Heizou! I don't want to die! I don't want my brother's sacrifice to be in vain." Ayaka cries.

"Don't worry. I'll get you out of here." I say comfortingly.

"But...didn't you... weren't you the cause of...." Ayaka starts.

"The cause of what?" I question.

"That girl...what was her name? Ryu...Ryuko? Weren't you the cause of her death?" She asks.

"What the hell? Of course I wasn't! Ayaka, I'm the person who intentionally changed my fighting style to prevent myself from getting blood on my hands both literally and figuratively!" I say.

Ayaka's eyes go wide.

"O-oh Archons, I think the police are trying to arrest you for a false claim! It's all my fault, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" Ayaka cries, tears streaming harder down her face.

I smile. I knew from the start that Ayaka wasn't purposefully throwing me under the bus.

"Ayaka... It's okay....but, who told you that I was responsible for Riyuko's death?" I ask.

"Oh, it was this man... All I remember about him was that he has piercing red eyes...but I'm really so sorry! I'll tell them I was wrong it and wasn't you, and I'll make it up to you somehow! I swear." Ayaka says.

"Thank you. Take it from me, being arrested isn't fun. Now come with me. I'll get us both out of here." I stand up and hold out my hand to my friend.

She smiles in relief and takes it.

I lead her out of the room we're in and down some hallways.

"Are you doing okay Ayaka?" I ask her after a while, remembering her dislike of scary things.

"Y-yes, I'm okay." She says. "I never asked you..how did you end up here as well?"

"Same thing as you. I was basically kidnapped too. By the same person, I assume. Now Ayaka, don't freak out but.... The person who kidnapped the both of us may or may not be an infamous murder..." I say.

Ayaka falls to her knees after a moment of silence, tears forming in her eyes.

"We-we're going to die, aren't we...?" She asks.

"Ayaka, no we aren't. I'll protect you." I say, but Ayaka seems to not be listening.

"Do you need any help? I'm an expert at comforting people, you know." A familiar voice says from behind me.

I turn to see Kunikuzushi and Kazuha standing behind us.

"Kuni-" I start, but cut myself off as I remember that neither Ayaka nor Kazuha can see my new boyfriend.

"Oh? Do you know him?" Ayaka seemingly having calmed down due to the fact that now Kazuha is here as well.

Wait.

She can see Kuni?

I catch Kuni's eyes and he nods ever so slightly.

I smile, an idea forming in my head.

"Oh, I didn't tell you? This is my my boyfriend, Kuni." I say.

A whole day without flirting and messing with people is way way way too long.