Chapter Fifteen: The Simp Comes In Clutch

I stare at Ayaka in disbelief.

"What the everloving fresh hell are you going on about?" I ask bitterly.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. Your mother killed my brother." She growls.

"Neither I nor any of my siblings had anything to do with that, let alone willingly!" I shout.

"Oh, I just wanted you dead so Raiden Shogun would be unable to fight back against me. I deluded her, I made her believe there was a way for her to be reunited with her darling children. But believe me, no one destroys my family and gets away with it." Ayaka says coldly.

"Same goes for me." Scaramouche/Kazuha says.

"This isn't about you, Kazuha. You've done nothing to me. Just keep quiet about this and I'll let you go." Ayaka says, a flash of concern passing through her eyes.

She must be the deluded one, thinking murder is the way to go from here.

"I know it isn't about Kazuha. I'm not intending to involve Kazuha." Scara says.

He rushes Ayaka and deftly pins her to the ground.

"Wh-what?" Ayaka chokes out.

"You don't remember me, Kamisato?" Scaramouche says, venom dripping from his voice.

Ayaka's eyes widen.

"You're.... Scaramouche Shogun? Wh-why have you possessed my friend?" Ayaka asks.

"Why did you kill my brother and sisters?" Scaramouche asks.

"Because. You. Killed. MINE!" Ayaka shouts.

I can barely catch it, but I watch her kick Scara/Kazuha in the stomach, the force of it causing Scaramouche to release his grip on her.

I watch in horror as Ayaka grabs the artifact that holds his spirit that's pinned to his shirt (the artifact, not his spirit) and slams it on the ground, cracking it into pieces.

"SCARA!" I shout to my brother.

He catches my eyes, a look of fear lacing his own icy lavender orbs, and disappears in that familiar white light.

Ayaka gets up.

"Now all that's left is you." She says.

But I can't move, and not because my leg is still trapped under a heavy brick thing, but because my chest feels empty.

Scara is...gone?

Just like that?

Ei...Makoto.... Scaramouche.....Heizou....

All gone.

Should I...just let her get me?

No.

I can't let her win.

I was innocent, and so was Heizou.

Who knows how many more people she'll kill, all because she can't control her sorrows?

But I can't hecking move.

Oh wait.

I close my eyes and melt into the wall of the maze of a building.

When I open my eyes again, I find myself sitting on the floor inside my house.

Thank the Archons for the ability to fast travel as a spirit.

I try to stand up but realize that I can't use my right leg at all.

Shit.

What do I do now?