Chapter Sixteen: The Power Of Friendship Is A Lie

Damn.

The person who wants me dead has the thing that has my spirit connected to it.

Wait, I'm already dead.

The person who wants me to go to hell has the thing that has my spirit connected to it.

That's the correct sentence.

The thing is, now that Heizou, Scaramouche, Ei, and Makoto all currently reside in whatever the afterlife is, I sincerely doubt that Ayaka would just straight up destroy my science textbook.

In fact, if I was her, I'd never destroy it just to keep me trapped alone in the mortal realm.

But I'm not her, so let's just hope doing that never occurs to her.

But I need to get my science textbook back no matter what Ayaka is planning to do with it.

As I awkwardly pace around the kitchen due to my almost unusable leg, my mind begins to wander to other things besides how to get my science textbook back from Ayaka.

Both her and Riyuko said similar things.

If I remember correctly, Riyuko said, and I quote: "You're getting help from him, aren't you? That's how you know, you're getting help from that boy."

And Ayaka said and I quote: "Never mind that. How are you still here? It was him, wasn't it? I should have done this better. I thought I'd gotten rid of you."

Both of those sentences are similar, and on paper that makes sense.

If Riyuko was being used by Ayaka, clearly they would have said some similar things.

But then again, Scaramouche said he knows the true identity of our killer.

We spent at least two days with Ayaka in the same vicinity as us.

So then why didn't he warn me about her?

Unless.... Ayaka isn't our true killer and Scaramouche was genuinely surprised about her calling herself our killer.

Dammit, if only I could ask him.

But holy shit, if Ayaka really isn't our killer, I just got at least two people if not more against her.

Honestly, right now I can't really go off anything, so I should focus on getting my science textbook back from Ayaka.

I might be able to interrogate her also.

I straighten myself but not really and head to the door, but end up tripping thanks to my leg, and I fall hard onto the floor.

Ouch.

Looks like this will be harder than I thought.

I finally make it outside and begin to make my way towards the main streets of Inazuma City.

I find out that, strangely enough, if I hop, for some reason I can balance perfectly.

How strange, but okay.

As I walk through the crowded streets, I find that once again, no one can see me.

However, as of right now, that's a good thing.

To be completely honest, the last thing I need right now is weird stares because all I can really do is hop.

After a long time of hopping, because surprisingly enough, I say with sarcasm, hopping places takes a while, I finally reach the police department.

I try to open the door, but my hand goes through the door knob thingy.

Oh yeah, I can only enter places through windows again.