Chapter Eighteen: Get You A Man That Will Face Your Trauma With You

"If we do that, will you really be okay?" Heizou asks, genuinely concerned for my well-being.

"That's why you're going to come with me. Being around you makes me feel safe." I admit.

Heizou smiles.

"Well, I'm glad about that. But sure, I'll come with you. Of course." He says. "So when are we going?"

"Does right now work for you?" I ask, still cuddled close to him.

"Sure. I'm down for any time really." Heizou says.

"Actually, I want to wait a little longer. You're warm and nice and I'm cold and lonely." I say, hugging him tighter all while making sure I'm not suffocating the poor man.

I feel Heizou's chest move as he lets out a small laugh.

"Don't laugh at me, it's true." I say.

Heizou pats my head.

"I know, Kuni-chan, I know. I missed you too. Three days apart was a long time." He says genuinely.

I pull away from Heizou(finally) and look up at him.

"All right, I'm ready to go." I say.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? I could go by myself and-" Heizou starts.

I cut him off.

"I'm never letting you go anywhere by yourself ever again." I say, holding up my hand.

Heizou nods.

"Understandable. I'll do my best to provide emotional support." He says.

"Get you a man that will face your trauma with you." I say with a smile.

"I already have that, don't I?" Heizou teases.

"That you do. Now come on, my dear, I'm getting tired of all this murder shit." I say.

===Timeskip===

"Where the everloving heck is this place? We're almost at the far east of Inazuma City, damn." Heizou says a full two hours after we'd started on our way to my old house.

"It is on the far east of Inazuma City. Mother liked to be alone and in a position where she could look down on people. Her mansion is abandoned now, but it's still there." I say, my fear of the past becoming the present making a relapse.

Heizou must notice because he speaks up again.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're face is really pale. You don't have to do this, you know." He says.

I take a breath.

"I'm fine. But I have to do this. It has to be me." I say.

"I don't know why it has to be you or what you are trying to do here, but I'll trust you." Heizou says.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me." I say.

After a few more minutes, we finally reach the front hedges leading to the ridiculously long driveway leading to mother's mansion.

The towering gate looms above us and Heizou turns to me.

"So, Sherlock, any idea on how we get in?" Heizou asks.

"Aren't you Sherlock? I'm Watsonikuzushi, remember?" I say. "But I digress. The passcode is 'Hitotachi', spelled as it sounds."

Heizou approaches the gate, enters the passcode, and the gate slowly slides open.

Heizou nods to the open path, beckoning me to follow him.

I take one step before falling to my knees.