Chapter Ten: Duplicate

I slowly open my eyes to find myself still laying on that bed, Kuni-chan pressed close to my chest.

He's still asleep, so I shouldn't bother him.

I myself am completely awake, so I lie silently and think over all the evidence of this case.

Holy shit is this case confusing.

My guess is that Kuni's murderer is someone with a position of power.

Otherwise, how else could they have managed to play with both Riyuko and Ayaka?

Although, Ayaka would be sort of easy to manipulate due to the fact that she's still grieving over Ayato and Thoma.

Heck, even Tomo's still sad about the loss of Thoma, and he rebounds faster than a basketball launched at a wall.

The only problem is, I don't get why Ayaka would throw me under the bus like that, especially since I was the one who helped her cope with her sadness when her parents died.

Not only that, I'm literally under arrest pretty much and I'm still nowhere near finding out who Kunikuzushi's murderer actually is.

I let out a sigh.

"Thinking, I assume?"

Kuni's comment catches me so off guard that I flinch hard and my heart begins to beat quickly.

"Don't scare me like that, I thought you were still asleep!" I cry.

Kuni sits up from off my chest.

"I don't sleep, dumbass. So, what were you thinking about?" Kuni asks.

I sigh again.

"Stop sighing, it makes me sad." Kuni comments quickly.

I swallow to stop myself from sighing a third time.

"Anyways, I was thinking about the motherfucking irony of everything that's been going on." I say.

"Oh?" Kuni asks.

"Well, one of my best friends accused me of murder, my coworker agreed on that, I'm practically under arrest, and I'm still nowhere near finding out who your killer actually is. Also, we're going to be trapped here for a while because I forgot that they can track me with my phone so they know I'm still technically in this house and it's only a matter of time until they find me and place me under arrest for something I didn't do!" I shout.

"Well, I have an idea." Kuni says.

"What?" I ask.

"This is technically a murder house, right? Somehow, I've gotten better at being able to touch things other than you, don't take that the wrong way, so why don't I go upstairs and scare the shit out of anyone still around here? This is my house, after all. I'll just knock a few things over and whatnot so then they'll leave." Kuni says with a grin.

I look at the ceiling and stop myself from sighing.

"You know what, at this point, do what you want, I don't care." I say.

Kuni's smile fades.

"Are you mad at me or something?" He asks.

I instantly feel bad and bury my face in my hands.

"No, it's not you. It's whoever the hell your murderer is. I swear to the Archons that whenever I finally find them, I'll make sure they'll get a swift punch to the face." I say, clenching my fists.

I feel Kuni pat my head.

"Don't worry my dear, I'll go scare all the bad people for you."

===Timeskip===