Chapter Eight: Family Drama Times Ten Thousand

"Kazuha, you've gotta help me. I...I think I fell in love with a dead person. Am I crazy? Have all these late nights and murder cases driven me nuts?" I ask my best friend.

"I hate to be that person but I'd have to say probably yeah." Kazuha says.

I shoot him a pained look.

"Seriously?" I whine.

"Yes. Anyways, let me get this straight. You can somehow see the spirit of the person who was the victim of the case you were given four months to solve and you think you're in love with him?" Kazuha asks in disbelief.

"Wait, it gets worse. It's only been a week since I met him." I say.

"Heizou, what you're experiencing isn't love, it's just admiration." Kazuha says, shaking his head.

"No way. I've felt admiration before, and this isn't it." I say with all determination.

"Well, I mean, I don't really know what to tell you other than good luck, I guess." Kazuha says.

"The main problem is that back at the restaurant, I forgot he was there too so I accidentally started telling you about him, but I wasn't ready to confess to him yet so I pretended to be talking about someone else, and I think I made him sad or mad or both." I tell Kazuha.

"Oh Heizou, for someone so smart, you can honestly sometimes be so dumb. His reaction means he likes you back, so go tell him you like him!" Kazuha responds. "It'll even start paining me to see you drag this out."

"Yeah, but now you've made me paranoid that I don't actually like him." I say, staring at my ceiling.

"Look, I'll strike a deal with you. You go fix this and tell him your true feelings, and I'll help you solve this case. I know a few things myself, you know." Kazuha says.

I smile.

I'm so glad I can always count on Kazuha.

"But that means I'll have to go back to his house probably, since I think that's where he'd be." I say.

"You go. I'll meet up with you later. And I will be asking you in specifics whether you confessed to him or not." Kazuha says.

I put up my hands.

"Okay, okay." I say.

I get off my bed and walk over to the door.

"Make sure you're careful of Riyuko, she's under major suspicion right now." I say as I walk out.

As I begin to walk over towards Kunikuzushi's house, my phone begins to ping, notifying me of a new notification.

-------------

Kazooha 🍁💨:
I'm so proud

Friendo:
Oh really? 🤩
Why?

Kazooha 🍁💨:
Heizou finally found someone he likes

Friendo:
HOLY SHIT HEIZOU REALLY?
I didn't know you were that touch starved 🤭

Sherlocknoin Heizou:
KAZUHA I DID NOT YOU LESSON TO GET TOO
I DID OT GIVE YOULETMISSION TO TELL TOMO
YOU GET THE JIST

Friendo:
Holy shit times two, typos from Heizou 🤯❓

Kazooha 🍁💨:
I apologize but as I stated previously, I'm so proud 🦚

Friendo:
So, tell me about him 🙃 😏

Sherlocknoin Heizou:
Bold of you to assume their gender 🤨