The Disappearance

You woke up to the sound of a kettle boiling
" Larissa?" You mumbled.
" Good morning my darling." She climbed back into bed, laying next to you. You were facing her and moved closer into your chest.
" Do we have to get up?" You asked.
" I'm afraid so." She said, kissing you on your forehead.
" Ugh, do you ever get a chance to sleep in?" You asked.
" Only on holidays, and sick days." She responded.
" Can we pretend that we're both sick?" You asked.
" No baby, come, I made you coffee."
" Oh, you didn't have to do that." You said, slowly getting up.
" I wanted to." She handed you your cup and sat next to you.

You drank your coffee in comfortable silence until there was a knock at the door.
" Shit." She whispered.
You looked at the time, it was still extremely early.
" Who would it be?" You asked.
" No one should—"
" Principle Weems! It's Xavier, he has not returned for the past day." Bianca rushed into her office.
" Okay Bianca, it is incredibly early, I want to get dressed and then we can deal with the situation. Wait on the sofa." Larissa said and walked back into the room, putting a finger on her mouth so you wouldn't end up speaking.

You both dressed quietly. She whispered to you to stay in her bedroom until Bianca left.
You heard their conversation.
" Well, what was the last thing Xavier said to you before he disappeared?" Larissa asked.
" He was telling me about his nightmares about some monster, and then we had a fight about my Siren song and how I was luring him into our relationship." Bianca explained.
" Nightmares about a monster?"
" yes, they're not prophetic but concerning." Bianca responded.
" Before I call the police, I will take a walk myself." Larissa said.
" Thank you Principle Weems, please tell me if anything happens." Bianca said.
" Will do."

Larissa entered the room again.
" Can I come with you?" You asked.
" Sure, maybe he's just in his art studio, not many people know about that."
" In the woods?"
" Mm."
" Larissa, it's not safe." You objected.
" Y/n, a student is missing, if he dies or goes MIA then I am held responsible."
" I think we should call the police." You said.
" What—"
" I'm sorry if it isn't my place but you can't just wander into the woods alone. I won't let you do that." You stood up.
" You have no say." Larissa shook her head.
" I can't control you but I can protect you, I know how much you love this school but you can't sacrifice yourself for someone else, I won't let you do that." You said, a tear poured down your cheek, you wiped it quickly.
" You're right, I'm sorry." Larissa said.
" Don't apologise." You shook your head and folded Larissa's clothes.
" Keep them."
" What?"
" Keep the clothes, I want you to have them." Larissa smiled.
" Thank you." You smiled back and picked them up.

" I love you so much, and I completely understand where you're coming from, I am just scared that the police won't do their job properly, they cover up everything." Larissa's voice broke.
" Hey hey, baby it's going to be okay, we'll find them."
" I know we will." Larissa said, sitting down and pulling you into her lap.
" Where else could he be?"
" Therapist?" Larissa suggested.
" We can go to Dr.Kinkbott today and ask her."
" Perfect, and then we can tell the police and get coffee." Larissa said.
" Let's go." You got off her lap and took her hand leading her out the bedroom door.

You and Larissa went out of her office, locking the door behind her. You got looks from some of the students and found that you had a deep desperation to hop in the car.
You and Larissa unconsciously sped up your footsteps, you had to take two steps to match up with one of her long strides.

You jumped in the car and buckled up.
" Everyone was looking." You said.
" I know, Marilyn did say that she would never snitch."
" And Wednesday is not a gossip girl."
" Why the mention of Wednesday?" Larissa asked.
" Wednesday told me that she could see my love for you when I met you both." You explained with a chuckle.
" Well, she was right." Larissa laughed.
" Well they're definitely sensing something." You said.
" True, the Raven Ball is coming up and maybe we could go together." Larissa said.
" That would be amazing." You admitted.