Hummers Stick Together

You were finally able to go on a small outing a week later, Larissa suggested popping into the Weathervane like always.
Rory had to run some errands in Jericho so she wouldn't be joining you.

" Let me help you dress darling." Larissa said after your bath.
She picked out some clothes for you that weren't too tight, getting socks and shoes out the cudboard.
You bent down to do your laces.
" No no " Larissa quickly knelt down in front of you and tied them quickly.
" You didn't need to do that, I'm perfectly capable." You said, standing up slowly.
" I want to help you in any way that I can." Larissa said, getting dressed.
She sat in front of the mirror and attempted to do her hair.
" Rissy, why don't you wear it down? We are on a break." You asked.
" Do it for me?" Larissa looked to you with pleading eyes.
You happily obliged and took half of her hair back in a pony, leaving half down.
You placed a little bow on her ponytail.
" You look adorable." You said, placing a kiss on her head and taking her lipstick, putting it on.
You also put on her listick for her and she smiled, kissing you lightly.

Once downstairs, Larissa took her grey coat off the rack.
" Here love." She helped you put it on.
" I'm not that cold." You said.
" It's cold, wear the coat, you'll freeze to death otherwise." Larissa put on her green coat and exited the house.
She locked it behind you and hopped in the car.
When the car started, Fleetwood Mac began playing, Larissa and you sang along like you always do.

She helped you out the car, as much as you tried to convince her that you could get yourself out the car, she ignored you and helped you anyway.
You took her hand in yours and entered the Weathervane.
" Mrs and Mrs Weems." The waitor greeted.
" Hello Hector, we'll have the usual, is that okay love?" Lariss turned to you.
" Perfect." You smiled.
" I have heard so much about you." Hector said.
" All good things I hope " you responded with a chuckle.
" Of course! Your wife cannot stop talking about you. Every time she comes in here to collect coffee or something for the two of you, she talks on and on." Hector explained with a smile.
Larissa blushed and looked down with a smile.
" Is that so?" You raised your eyebrow.
" Hush." Larissa laughed and took your hand, guiding you to your usual booth and sat down while Hector got everything ready.

" I love you so much." You kissed her cheek and lay your head on her shoulder.
" I love you too, angel." Larissa smiled, kissing the top of your head.
Your drinks and croissants arrived.
" Thank you Hector " you and Larissa both said at the same time.
" Alright, if you need anything more, I'll be at the counter." Hector smiled happily and walked away.

You drank your coffee in the comfortable peace of Larissas company, enjoying her presence.
" Rissy, thank you for taking so much care of me, I really appreciate it." You said, taking her hand.
" Oh darling, I should be thanking you. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for you."
You looked down and removed your hand.
" What is it?"
" Larissa, you are really hard on yourself, do you know that?" You asked, she was taken back by your harsh tone.
" I'm sorry, why bring this up?"
" I love you so much. You had a near death experience, and your work, your bloody work—"
" What about my work?" Larissa frowned.
" You have overworked yourself, this is the only time you get a break and this is how you're spending it, tying my shoe laces and helping me out the car." You shook your head.
" But I want to help you. I'm your wife." Larissa said, rather harshly.
" I'm sorry to bring this up, I'm all better now and I can take care of myself just fine." You said.
" No."
" What do you mean no?"
" No." Larissa smiled before adding: " You won't be alone, ever. I will take care of you anyway. I know it's strange but I truly enjoy it, helping you."
" Oh Rissy, you extraordinary woman, you deserve the world." You kissed her and she smiled into the kiss.
" So do you." Larissa kissed you again.

" Let's go home." You said, paying for the food and heading to the car.
Of course, Larissa helped you in the car.

When you go home, you made sure that Luna was okay before heading upstairs.
Larissa forced you to lie down on the bed as she took anothe took at your wounds, making sure that you didn't damage yourself more while you were out.
" Really Rissy, if something was wrong—"
" Quiet. " Larissa removed the bandage slightly and put it back.
" All good?" You asked.
" Mmm." Larissa smiled and lay down beside you.
You admired each other for a few moments before hearing a knock on the door.
Larissa squeezed your hand before walking out the room.
You got up slowly and headed downstairs, hearing Rory's familiar voice.

" Y/n!" Eugene spotted you coming down the steps and ran to embrace you, you laughed and greeted him.
" How are you?" You asked.
" I should be asking you that question." He laughed.
You chuckled in return. " It's good to see you." You said.
" You too."
" I wanted to tell you the real reason for Eugene's visit, let's sit in the living room." Rory said.
You and Larissa sat across from Rory and Eugene who seemed to be sitting very close to one another.
You knew what was coming.
" Well, Eugene and I are dating now." Rory said with a nervous smile.
" Aww, really?" You asked with excitement.
Eugene and Rory nodded.
" That's lovely!" Larissa smiled.
" Thank goodness." Rory sighed happily.
" What's wrong?" Larissa asked.
" Eugene thought that you guys wouldn't like me dating him."
" Hey!" Eugene laughed.
" Why would we not like that?" You asked.
" Don't take offense, but I just thought that since you guys are lesbians, you thought that Rory should be one too. Like straight parents who are homophobic want their children to be straight. I mean- my moms are together and they like me dating Rory. I don't know why I thought you guys would be different." Eugene explained with embarrassment.
You and Larissa couldn't help laughing.
" Eugene, we believe that Rory can date whoever she wants to date. As long as the person is not controlling or abusive." Larissa said with a chuckle.
Eugene laughed too and squeezed Rory's hand.

The rest of the afternoon was spent having tea and talking with Eugene and Rory, who, while you and Larissa were out of the room, began snogging.
When they heard your footsteps, they pulled away.

Rory played with Luna but had some sad news.
" Moms, I have to go back to Paris." She said.
"So soon?" Larissa asked.
" Mm, I want to finish my education and start my own fashion brand." Rory explained softly.
" Okay love." You gave her a hug.
" Thank you for always being so supportive of me, always looking out for me, I love you both." Rory said with a few tears in her eyes.
Larissa and you hugged Rory together and Larissa adjusted Rory's collar.
" And I'll be going with her." Eugene butted in.
" Really, that's lovely. " Larissa said.
" Yeah, I just hate the idea of long distance." Eugene shrugged.
" Fair enough. " You laughed and held Larissas hand a bit too hard.
She looked to you and gave you a reassuring smile.

Eugene left an hour later, Rory had gone for a shower and you and Larissa were in the bedroom, also getting ready to bath.
" Darling?" Larissa looked to you.
"Mm?"
" Why did you squeeze my hand so hard earlier?" She asked, taking out her earrings.
" I just— I'm sorry— she's grown up into this beautiful woman who is so independent, so fixed in what she wants. She's so ready for life, but I'm not ready to say goodbye. I know it's a selfish thought but —"
Larissa shushed you with a hug. " I feel the same way." She said softly.
You remained in her arms for a while longer, breathing in her sweet perfume.

Thank you for reading! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been so busy with work <3