Stay safe

I landed on the hangar of the helicarrier and ran inside to look for the two friends- not- friends. I found them fighting each other. Steve was trying to keep Bucky from killing him. He tried his best not to hurt his childhood friend who doesn't remember him but, he couldn't just kill him like that. He was now laying down on the glass floor after his fall from the railings above them. Bucky had got down too and held a gun onto his forehead to shoot Steve. I quickly flew into my partner and threw away the gun. He tried to fight me but gave me a confused look on realizing that I was trying to help his nemesis. He put both of his hands on my waist and kicked me in the stomach to throw me away from him. He then proceeded to Steve and I again tackled him from the back and did a scissor move on his neck which was enough to hold him down for sometime. "He's your friend, Bucky. Remember yourself. Your James Bucky Barnes, Steve Rogers' best friend." I tried convincing but he yelled and started thrashing me. Steve now rose and tried pushing away Bucky from me. 

I charged at him again but this time he had me choking with his metal arm. I tried heating the metal to make him leave me and it was a successful attempt. He dropped me down after a few minutes. I tried to gain back some oxygen but the fire seemed to consume it. I started coughing as my eyes got teary. That's when I heard it all." You know me". Bucky lashed out at Steve in anger. "NO, I DON'T!" "Bucky, you've known me your whole life." Then Bucky hit him but Steve didn't fight back. " Your name...is James Buchanan Barnes. Bucky hit Steve again. "SHUT UP!!" "I'm not gonna fight you." Steve then took off his mask and discarded his shield. "You're my friend" he said to Bucky. "You're my mission." Then he mercilessly punched Steve. I tried to get up and lunged at the Soldier but he again had me on chokehold. "You were supposed to be my friend!" he shouted at me with sadness and disbelief laced in his voice. "I am and so is he. Trust us, Bucky" he then yelled and threw me across the area into the fire pit created. I soaked up the fire around me and tried standing up when I saw Steve fall down into the water. "NO!!" I screamed and made my way towards Bucky. 

He gripped at my waist and lunged downwards to get to Steve. Well shit. I didn't know how to swim and water was getting into my nose and mouth. He quickly let me afloat and swam underwater to get to his friend. My eyesight was getting blurred, even my fire powers were of no use now as it would get extinguished. My body started becoming heavy and I then got under the water. The surface of the water looked beautiful even in the chaos. Bubbles formed around me with the falling of the parts of the helicarrier. The cris-cross pattern that appeared made the light of sun fall in different wave like patterns. Bubbles erupted through my nose and mouth as I tried to breath. I was purely surrounded by calmness of the water. Oh how it stayed in peace despite of the chaos above it. Throughout my time in HYDRA , all I wished for was peace. Was this the peace I wanted, the peace of death as it was engulfing me further into it. It shut out the darkness of the world I was raised in. Was this peace?

 Through the blurriness, I saw an arm approaching me. A metal arm. How can I miss it for life? It was Bucky. He was my peace. Staying next to him even when we committed crimes and murders was peace to me. Ensuring his safety was peace. Looking at his dreamy- blue eyes as he stared into the void was peace. Peace. The secureness I felt around him was my peace, with my Soldier. He wrapped his arm around my waist and rose upwards to reach the surface of the water. Suddenly the peace that the water was giving turned into shadows of dark monsters who were killing me slowly. My peace was carrying me up to escape this death just then, the warmth of the Sun hit me. The air around me was restored and I felt free as I left a short breath. My body stumbling as I felt life being brought back into me. 

Bucky walked me up to a piece of land next to the river and laid me down carefully. I felt him brush his fingers to move out the hair from my face. He then kept his ear onto my chest to listen to my thumping heart and then pressed on my stomach for a few times. I opened my eyes and spat the water from inside of me onto the land next to me. I turned to my right to find an unconscious and bloated Steve. Bucky had saved us. He remembered. I looked up at him as he started leaving. I got up on my feet which made me dizzy but I managed through it. "Where are you going?" I asked him in a rasped voice. "Away." "He needs his friend. Steve needs you" I said in a pleading voice. "Nobody will get hurt by me now." "You never hurt me" I said as I walked towards him. He looked into my eyes, gazing with his blue orbs into my brown ones. He walked closer, took my left hand and drew a triangle on it with his wet fingers. "You don't have to run away." "But they won't exactly let us free", he took a sharp breath before continuing. "Do me a favor, take Steve with you and join them." "No. You stay here. I did this for you." "I'm asking you to do this for me. He will keep you safe" he said as he cupped my left cheek with his flesh hand and softly grazed a finger while he looked into my eyes. "I will find you, you know that right?" I said softly and he nodded. "Stay safe." With that being said he let go of my hand and cheek and walked away, leaving me and Steve. 

After a few minutes, I raised my arm and created a long flame enough to be seen from a distance to signal our location. A few minutes later, a chopper arrived. It was the rescue squad. They had me raise my hands and on my knees as they cuffed me and led me inside while Steve was brought in on a stretcher. I got handed over to the federal agents. "I'm sorry Mr. Federal Agent but I gotta stop you there." I heard a voice say. It was Natasha along with the lady from earlier. "You know she has committed over 49 assassinations and now this public wreckage along side HYDRA, right?" the agent disputed. "She may have but she had no control. HYDRA had manipulated her, made her believe they were right. She realized the truth and stood up with us, today, to fight them." Natasha said making her point and looked at me with a quick smirk. She then approached the agent and whispered to him. "She is a great asset to us. You can't arrest her." "Hmm, we'll see about it." "You know you can't take her away to be locked up at the Raft." she stated. "And why is that so?" "'Cuz you need us and people like us", said the redhead. "You believe in us to help you. She won't be able to help during the time of need when there'll be another worldly threat. We saved New York, she may help us save another country maybe, who knows. The Avengers will take her responsibility." The agent flared in anger. There was nothing he could do. My cuffs were then removed and I was left in care of Natasha. 

"You know you didn't have to do that, right?" I asked her. "Shut up. You saved us its us returning the favor." "I shot you and Fury." "Then consider this as your punishment", she smirked. I sighed knowing that there was no escape from her and the Avengers although I would be with them, it won't be anything like HYDRA. I nodded at her as we walked to a car. "Where are you taking us then?" "New York." "Avengers tower?" "You know quite well." "HYDRA let me use the intel room." "That's good. I suppose you can help us locating their bases. Ain't it right?" "Yes." "Good. It's gonna be a long ride, you should rest." She then looked ahead and drove through the  wreck. For once it felt safe to trust someone. I have to give Bucky some time to clear his head. Maybe then I'll find him and bring him to Steve. I hope he's fine. I hope he's safe

A/N : I know, I know I didn't mention "till the end of the line" cuz its bs and we all know it. Steve lied to him. Anyways, this is the end of CA:WS. From next chapter, I'll be starting with AoU. More fun incoming. 

Here's a pic of my loverboy to cure your mind for the day (istg he is so goofy yet adorable):