03

"I wish i'd been there, the ocean blessed you with a gift, brother,"

Kiri said in amazement after Lo'ak told you all what happened last night when he went missing.

Apparently he got saved by a Tulkun and became friends with it, it was strange because non of the Tulkuns have returned yet, Aonung took the words out of your mouth when he spoke up.

"No Tulkun has returned yet, and anyway no Tulkun is alone."

"Well this one was," Lo'ak replied "he had a, um, missing thin, like a stump on the left side."

You shared a glance with Tsireya and you nodded,

"Payakan," Tsireya said.

"Whos payakan?" Kiri asked.

"A young bull who went rogue. He's outcast, alone and he has a missing fin," Rotxo added.

"They say he is a killer," you joined.

"No, no," Lo'ak defended.

"He killed Na'vi," Aonung continued. "and other Tulkun."

"Yes but not here, to the south," you added as Aonung nodded.

"No he's no killer," Lo'ak tried to talk but kept getting cut off.

"You are lucky to be alive," Tsireya looked into Lo'aks eyes, concerned.

"I'm telling you guys, he saved my life. He's my friend."

Neteyam stood up "my baby bro, the mighty warrior who faced a killer Tulkun, and lived to tell about it, huh?" Neteyam shook his brother's shoulders to which Lo'ak shoved him off.

"You guys aren't listening to me."

"Lo'ak i'm listening," tuk responded.

"Lo'ak come back."

You watched him walk away, probably going to try and find Payakan again.

"What now?" tuk asked.

You thought as an idea popped up in your head.

"We can show you our most sacred place," you turned to the other Metkayina who all nodded in approval, "come then, let's get our Ilus."

—-------------

You all swam with your Ilus under islands on rocks, dodging the coral in front of you. You went to the surface with a floating rock to see your sacred place come into view.

"We are here." you stated before looking back, "This is the cove of our ancestors, our most sacred place." you smiled looking forward at the scenery.

"Eclipse is the best time to be here," Tsireya added as you nodded.

The spirit tree lit up as you swam towards it, "this is the spirit tree."

You all got off your Ilus and swam down the tree, once to the leaves of the trees who had a purple shine, you stopped.

You turned to Neteyam and brought your hands forward, welcoming him to use his tsaheylu. He nodded with a soft smile gracing his lips as he slowly connected it to the leaf.

The tree started to flash violently and you noticed Kiri having a seizure, you swam as quickly as you could, adrenaline was filling your veins as you desperately pulled her from the tree.

You all pulled her up to the surface, the spots on her were lighting up from head to toe.

"Kiri!" tuk called out to her, scared.