EPILOGUE

You couldn't deny it no longer,

You were in love with Neteyam, the way he did everything was so beautiful, the way he would look at you, the way he had passion for being a warrior, the way for everything.

You couldn't tell if he was just flirting with you for no reason and really didnt like you, but the way he spoke to you always makes you second guess yourself, he talks to you as if he had lived you for years and whenever you hear his accented voice, your mind fogs up.

The only reason you haven't really gone to the next level was because of how you were afraid, you hadn't done it before, and Neteyam is the only one you have ever wanted in your life, if he broke your heart, you would be shattered.

But Neteyam then again wasn't that type of person, and he had made that clear multiple times that he only had eyes for you.

Neteyam was also hesitant, because whenever he tried to get so close, you always pushed him away, all the times he would stare into your beautiful, planning on going for the kiss, or even flirting with you in general, you would always shake it off with a laugh and push him away.

Well tonight was different, he would make it his goal to finally tell or rather, show you what he had always wanted to tell you, ever since he first saw you.

The water was glowing with a luminescent tint to it, the small waves on the shore were relaxing as always, Neteyam had already told you to meet him on the shore so now it was up to you to sneak out.

should be no problem for you, right? Well the thing is that Aonung was such a light sleeper, if you even made a creek he would wake up and be on alert.

One time he actually once caught you and literally waited outside the hut until morning, he then kept nagging you where you had been the whole day.

You silently got up and avoided where he was, instead you creeped around the sides of the house so he wouldn't feel any movement from under him, once out you sprinted as fast as you could along the hammocked paths of the village, you were so grateful they hardly made any noise.

Your feet hit the cool sand and you started to walk to where the meeting spot was, you started to grow anxious, you've said it once and will say it again, this man brought something upon that made you feel like the only girl in the world.

You saw his tall figure illuminate under the moonlight, you walked up to him and touched his shoulder, he turned around to meet eyes with you, his golden eyes glistened, you could get lost into them.

"What did you need to tell me?" you asked, almost breathlessly.

"I don't need to tell you anything," he replied as he stared down at your lips then back to your eyes.

You had immediately caught on as he snaked his arm around your waist and pulled you to your chest, he arched your jaw towards him with his finger and pressed his lips onto yours.

Despite knowing how wrong it was to do this, it felt so right, you deepened the kiss by putting your arms around his neck.

Soon you had to break for air, Neteyam spoke once again "i want you, [Y/N]." he didn't break eye contact while your eyes widened from his bold response.

You laughed lightly, "you already got me," he smiled and rested his forehead against yours "come, i want to show you something."

You grabbed his hand and ran along into the forest behind the village, "not many people come here, since we are water people, but when I was a little younger, I wandered into here and got lost."

He followed you deeper into it, soon, plants started to light up the way, there were vines along the floor, it reminded him back in the forest.

It was so calm and peaceful, you could still hear the ocean but you could not see it, all different colors surrounded you, purple, blue, and many more.

It felt like a wonderland, it felt surreal, Neteyam would think this was his home if he woke up here without knowing what happened, it felt like home, or was it that... you felt like home?

Whenever Neteyam sees you he gets that feeling like he wants to stay with you forever, he wants to never leave you. With you it felt safe and magical, he never feels alone with you and he never needs to worry when you're with him.

While going deeper into the forest, he noticed vines along the floor, tons of them leading to a palace which you assumed you were following. It led to a large area, clear of space with a rock structure in the middle that the veins went deeper into.

"I found this, I would have thought it was a normal cave if I didn't know any better, but then I went deeper into it..." you walked down the steep and slippery rocks, you heard water dripping from the ceiling as you went down, it was getting dark and cold.

However, at the very end of the cave, a purple light was illuminating, brightening that part of the cave. You both went closer to it until a tree of souls appeared, Neteyams eyes went wide, he let go of your hand and went towards it.

"This is a spirit tree, we had one back in the forest," he said, grabbing the leaves.

"It's amazing," you replied and and connecting your Tsaheylu to the tree to hear your ancestors, Neteyam looked at you and followed.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" he asked, turning back to you.

"I did, I told Aonung and he said to stop lying," you deadpanned at the memory while Neteyam sighed.

"You could've told anyone and it had to be Aonung," you laughed at his comment as he continued, "but seriously, out of this whole forest you found this, that's just... wow."

"Yea, I guess Eywa called me," you replied.

"I guess she did,"

You smiled at him, he took both your hands in his, you both leaned as you passionately kissed each other, pulling away once more, you looked into his golden eyes, and you knew, it was the man you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.

You took your Tsaheylu and held it out, Neteyam caught on and followed, before you could connect your Tsaheylu with his, he gave you a reassuring kiss.

You nodded to him as you both attached your Tsaheylus together, it felt surreal, it was a feeling you couldn't describe, you looked back towards Neteyam who was staring at you lovingly.

"I love you [Y/N]," he rested his forehead against yours.

"I love you too, Neteyam. We are mated for life," you cupped his face with your hand,

"Together we have strength."

—------------

A/N

LAST CHAPTER END OF BOOK!!!!!!

Ofc not fully I'm going to make an alternate ending with Neteyam and the boat and what happens I hope you get where I'm coming at y'know... but anyway, ill also do maybe 1 or 2 extra chapters that are sort of like one-shots.

By the way, I wanted to say thank you so much for the support of this book. At the start of writing a Neteyam fic was because there was none and I thought, hey how about I write one? I was actually so scared to write this because I thought oo, what if people don't like it? And I also thought that I couldn't do it because I thought Pandora and the movie was way too complex for my writing. But then all this happened and all you guys came and the comments from you all are so funny, they literally boosted my motivation so much i swear. Also doing this was a reminder that you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

There are no words to describe how grateful I am for all of this, I feel like it went so fast and all that like just yesterday I was making the cover for the book or at least it felt like that.

Anyway, thank you so so much for reading my book, I love you all <3