10

The past few days were field with mourning.

During the battle, lives were lost, flames that were one flickering with fiery were now either blown out, or fighting to stay alight.

You were one of the people who had a flame that was fighting, it was hard to breathe sometimes and your whole body hurt, i guess it was the karma for pushing yourself too far.

You were also so drained, you could almost feel your pale blue skin, sometimes the villagers would walk by and stare, mainly the kids but still, it was a clear reminder that you looked dead.

You felt useless most of the time, you couldn't do anything but just rest and try to recover, even if you went to get up Aonung or one of your parents would place you back down.

You may ask, why not Tsireya? Well, she was to busy hanging out with Lo'ak, sometimes you'd catch them from the hut and just watch, you also didn't want to scare her due to her having way too much trauma from seeing her sister basically die.

Your mother has been performing rituals on you, it really helped too, you felt like you were getting better faster.

Now to Neteyam, he was like glue, literally stuck to you, he would never leave unless if he was kicked out. He would also make sure you were safe and happy, he would tell you about what he did when he wasn't with you and would constantly tell you what you and him were going to do together after you recovered.

It would only motivate you to heal faster.

Neteyam popped out of nowhere sometimes, one second you didn't see him and the next he would be next to you, it would actually scare the living shit out of you, especially one time when you were sleeping, you opened your eyes to see his face staring down at you.

Anyways, you longed to go in the water again but you couldn't and everyone made it real clear when you tried calling your Ilu to get you, you were literally dragged back to your spot and was watched for a whole ass hour to make sure you wouldn't do it again.

It was beyond boring so in that time you would think about your escape plan which you were 100 percent going to do, now.

First you have to wait till everyone leaves, this will take so long since your trust of staying in the same place was to 0, Aonung was watching over you at the moment and you were silently praying that his friends told him to come and check something out which is "so cool" but is actually really stupid.

And suddenly, the most ironic shit happened, "hey Aonung, come i need to show you something," Rotxo said as Aonung nodded, seemingly forgetting you were there.

You weren't going to lie, the look to Roxtos face was giving that he was going to prank Aonung, that will give you so much time, thank you Rotxo.

You started to call for your Ilu, it didn't take long for her to come along, "cmon Yina lets go,"

You rolled to the edge of your hut but just as you were going to hop on her, a little someone decided it would be the perfect time to come along.

"What are you doing?" you turned your head to see Neteyam, a hot 10 seconds went by of you just staring at each other.

"Sorry Neteyam," you smiled as he ran towards you, before he could get you, you had already jumped on your Ilu and desperately tried to go.

Thankfully only his fingertips grazed along your back, you let out a sigh in relief only to find him calling his Ilu, sometimes you forgot he had one.

He was also very skilled with it while you were a bit rusty from not doing it in a couple of weeks, but you regained your composure and started to get used to it once more.

God it felt good to be back on the water.

You let go of your Ilu and swam under the water to see all the fascinating creatures that you havn't seen in a while, you almost forgot what they looked like.

You heard a splash form behind you to see Neteyam giving you an angry look, you just gave him a sweet smile in return trying to pretend that you totally didn't escape.

The more he got closer, the more you swam away which frustrated him so much, you eventually just stopped and waited for him to come.

He raised his non-existent eyebrow to what you were planning, but before he could reach out to you, you swam up to the surface.

You were laughing at his struggles to get you since you would always slip[ away at the last second, he eventually made it to the top as his braids were spread across his face, he pushed them away and looked at you with a glare, almost lecturing you.

"Don't look at me like that," you laughed and splashed him.

His face softened, he looked like he was trying to be mad but how could he not, your laugh could literally light up a dark room.

He snakes his arms around your waist to pull you closer which caught you off guard, "gotcha," his accented voice filled your ears and you took a minute to process what he meant.

Then you realised you were being dragged to his Ilu, "wait, NO!" you shouted but he wouldn't budge as you tried to push his arm away.

You were dragged onto the Ilu, Neteyams arm never leaving your waist, you felt like you were in a trap, hopefully you got back before anyone noticed.

"Im doing this for you," he spoke up, "if you want to spend time together you have to recover."

You huffed as he laughed, sooner or later you made it back to your hut, you recklessly got up and went to lie down in the same spot you have for weeks and gave him a glare.

He got up and came towards you, you got up top lean on your palms while staring at him.

"Sorry it just has to be like this, only a few more... days? Doesn't matter i'll make it up to you when you're recovered," he smiled.

"Fine," you gave in as his smile turned into a smirk.

You gave a confused look but it soon turned into a flustered one when he leaned towards you and kissed your cheek.

"Neteyam!" Aonung shouted in absolute disbelief.

"Oh shit-" Neteyam quickly got up and dived into the water, Aonung literally chasing him running as quickly and goofily as he could.

You just sighed and gave a soft smile at their idiocy.

A/N

hey guys i totally spoiled you guys that day am i right? my bad though cause i lost my computer charger and literally couldn't write it on anything else other than my phone, but i was too lazy to do that.

hopefully i don't lose my charger again but hope you enjoyed this chapter bb