Chapter 5 - Make It Have Significance

This sandwich is very good. I would say 'was' but it is perpetually good because even after I have digested it and well, you know what happens next. It is forever good in my mind. Therfore 'was' is the wrong magic word. Yes, I did say 'magic word' and yes, I am a twelve year old at heart.

"Rhine can you unsleep yourself so you can leave and let me get on with my hugely important doodling with charcoal." I shout from my bathroom as I am in the steamy shower, hopefully she will hear.

I hear a few stumbled footfalls down the hardwood floor and a thudded hand against the door.

"Hey Skye, I'm gonna grab some food then go because its Saturday and I really want to try my new Heelys out." Rhine she cries from the other side of the door and is a twelve year old at heart, also.

"Kay, see ya' soon, Hun!" I shout through the door surprised that she is leaving so soon, normally it takes her at least an hour to get even a little bit ready. But then again she has Heelys so of course she wants to leave soon.

After a few minutes of pure bliss I get out of the shower, the cold feeling air engulfing me as I try to capture the last warm pouches of hot air in my fluffy, white soldiers entwined together around my body.

I change into my navy blue pinstripe and white tailored shorts, spaghetti strap white vest and a red off the shoulder T-shirt then I blow dry my hair so to put it up and forget about it. Today is a day destined for charcoal, portfolios and repeatedly washing my right hand to remove the black dust.

I walk towards the kitchen for food, obviously but I find Rhine sitting on the arm chair near the television reading a very familiar book.

"Taken an interest in totally mediocre horny teenage girl books, have we?" I say accusingly, she is reading 'Beautiful Creatures', explain to me how I couldn't say that.

"Actually I'll have you know this book is by far from mediocre. It dominates, actually Twilight ain't got nothing on this." Rhine in an almost warning sort of way. She is definitely twelve, at the least mentally.

"How come you aren't Heelying down the road, right now and also How'd you get that book? you hate books." I ask.

"Because a) Those shoes can wait a half hour," She points towards thee black and pink poofy shoes slumped against the wall by the door. "and b) I have feet and a credit card." She says, now very protectively.

"Right, well you can't stay because I need to concentrate on looking like I have a career and plus the bills aren't going to pay themselves, but I think that'd be freaking wonderful." I declare, seeing the annoyance slowly building in her huge cute eyes.

"I won't be a pain. Promise." Rhine pleads accomplishing the biggest puppy eyes I have ever seen and actually anyone has ever seen.

"No way, the last time you said that and I agreed, we ended up watching 'Brave Heart' twice just because Toby mentioned it and the fact of watching it twice in that video uploaded like in two thousand and nine. So please, please, please don't tell me you won't be a pain because this is super important." She can't argue with that. I look at Rhine with fake anger, she laughs.

"I hate you so much therefore I would stay but because I love you so damn much I will happily leave. Curses." Rhine is officially the worst, I hate the feeling of guilt and she knows it oh so well.

"That will not work on me." I say eyebrows just free styling.

"Damn it." She sighs before grabbing the last banana and her things including those awesome Heelys, shame they are all poofy because they are awesome. she gets up shoving her other foot wear, on in this case flip flops and opens the door.