Chapter 10 - Almost Pure Bliss

Toby drove me home and now we are next to my house, in his car and the engine is still humming. He pulls the key out of the ignition and looks across at me with a stupid grin across his face, pocketing his keys and sitting there. I imitate his smile and the greatest thing is it's not awkward for once. Only fun and completely harmless. Cute.

"Why are smiling at me like that?" I wonder, almost holding back giggles. Why are we so giddy? We have just visited the hospital with my best friend in a coma and I feel giddy, I should feel guilty. I don't though.

"I don't know" He babbles, still holding his stare. "But I am expecting to be invited in." Cheeky ass. But to hell, He is so coming in. I unattached myself from his ride and run up the path, not looking back to see if he is following me. I here the car door slam just as I close the front door, still unlocked.

I hide behind the kitchen counter island and wait. The door goes and I here his long strides on the wooden floor. "Skye?" He Bellows from near the sofa, a few metres away. My heat is pounding against my ribs in utter delight. I have little reason to feel like this, late at night with my idol, now my friend, practically playing hide and seek. Good lord.

"Find me." I whisper only loud enough for him to hear. Toby's pace increases and I crawl to the next side of the counter. He bends down into a crouch.

"I am here." He answers me, quiet as a mouse. The scramble of his knees become louder, closer, warmer, I feel his warm sweet breath on my back. "Found you." He serenades, breathing in and holding my waist.

Pulling me up, with the help of my legs, Toby turns me around. We are so very close. I feel his chest against mine, his defined muscles holding me near and his ever sweet breath now on my face. We kiss. My lips crush into his, Toby's moulding around mine. his arms caress my back, my hands entwined in his thick, dark curls. Feeling our hearts rhythm in time with each other. In a whirl wind of pure bliss.

I pull back , synchronized with Toby's exact same movement, gulping in air and smiling at the same time. Our eyes both locked on one another. "Well," I say. "That was a surprise." What else was there to say?

"Better be a nice one." he grins back. "Actually scrap that; it better have been a marvellous one." Already knowing the answer. Toby knots his hands behind his neck and leans against the kitchen top.

"A very..." I pause, conjuring up the correct word. " surprising surprise. But yes, I wouldn't class it as bad." I mutter as if unimpressed, still smiling. Light banter is a great way to fill the silence.

"Oh, really?" He response. "That's to bad." he entwines his fingers from behind his head and comes closer. "Because if you'd said, I don't know, 'It was the best thing that I have ever experienced.' Then I maybe would have done it again." He murmurs, leaning his head to the side, a small but noticable smirk on his face and looking at my lips every few seconds.

"In that case, I was lying, Toby." I say glancing up at his beautiful eyes. "I can honestly say that I was lying and please do it again." I say laughing as he wraps his arms around me as I lock mine close to the nape of his neck. Sinking my mouth against his and we repeat the scene, this time with more passion and dare I say it, love.

"Skye?" My favorite voice in the world, but it has a worried tone. Rhine. My eyelids are heavy and my vision is blurred, I feel disorientated, like I have just been to a theme park, my arms and legs aching and heavy like my eyes. I am under water. My lungs are burning, limbs flailing, body still sinking deeper into the water. Rhine is above the water, floating, looking down on me. I shout her name, reaching for her but the water floods my mouth and chokes me.