Chapter 15 - A Journey To Remember

Chapter 15 - A Journey To Remember

The last three weeks or so whipped by like an excited race horse let out of the gates early. I got a few paintings sold and a couple charcoal portraits sent off to whoever it was who payed and ordered for it. Rhine is just the same, she still blinks, she still doesn't move but she isn't dead and for that I must be grateful. I'd seen a lot more of Toby and Gabe recently due to the fact we were all going to the capital of England together. It's all still nice despite all the planning, I say planning but really I mean constant talking like children about all the places we want to visit and see.

"Ready?" I call Toby in the direction of his room, he thought it would be an amazing idea to leave all his packing for London two hours before the flight, how very clever. I pull the strap of my suitcase firmly over my shoulder, weighing the left side of my body down and making me quite lopsided as I get up from his dark coloured couch in his sitting room.

"Almost!" I hear him give a half hearted shout as the sound of something heavy falls to the floor rings through the house. I drop the huge bag from my shoulder, slumping it on to the hard wood floor and walk down the hall to his bedroom to see whats taking this guy so freaking long.

"Do you need some help?" I grinned from the door way, Toby had managed to knock his massive suitcase off of the bed and onto the carpet.

"That would be nice." He mutters from his position on the floor. I walk into the room as he starts to pick up the clothes that were once neatly folded. Kneeling down to lift the suitcase up back onto his bed, I realize this is the first time I've been in Toby's bedroom which for some tedious reason in my head makes this a little awkward.

"So, are we all done here?" I reply, stuffing in the very last T-shirt and zipping the suitcase up as Toby shoved on his black LuluLemon jacket.

"I think so and you're sure you haven't left anything back at your house?" He asks me, checking so that we don't forget anything. I clearly shake my head at him in response. Toby picks up his bag off of his bed and begins hauling it out of his bedroom, I follow him to the sitting room as he leaves his suitcase on the floor, leaning against the sofa. I look around the room, trying to spot the mischievous little white and brown fluff ball we all know as Gryphon, seeing him in the most obvious place, I feel stupid I bothered to look; The massive grey bean bag in the centre of the room.

"And we're definitely taking Gryphon to your sister's place, right, not some sort of kennel or anything?" I say, picking the small dog up into my arms and bringing him to near the coat pegs on the wall next to the front door, where Toby is, so he can clip the leash onto Gryphons collar.

"Sure, if I forgot to mention it to her which I may have done, She'll be fine with it. It happens all the time." I trust his answer, knowing from his vlogs he did this every now and then. I pick my stupidly heavy bag up, again feeling the full force of my very much 'needed' extra clothing.

Toby opens the front door with Gryphon wagging his tail at Toby's feet and looking up expectingly at me, offering me to walk through it, I oblige but I shuffle more than walk, I cannot wait to get this bag on the freaking plane and far away from both of my shoulders. He follows me out and locks the door behind Gryphon then unlocks his own car, I open up the back of the car and shove in my devilish suitcase. I click my seat belt into place, hearing Toby dumping his luggage in the trunk of the car, too. He the opens up the right side back door to let Gryphon get in. Today he'll have to sit in the back of the car, I took his place.

"I think we are meeting Gabe at the airport." Toby says, settling down into the drivers seat by strapping his seat belt on and twisting the keys in the ignition, bringing the machine to a fast starting life. With the sudden movement Gryphon, who was standing on the back seats, falls back onto the cushioned chair and looking a little confused.