~Chapter 1~

Everything was going great. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping outside, there was the faint smell of coffee coming from outside of her room. And then......

CRASH-
.
.
.
you fell off the bed.

Thus resulting in you waking up from your slumber groaning and rubbing your head from the fall. Still sitting on the floor you hear a knock at the door.

"Hey y/n- oh your already awake good" it was your mom, Bulma Briefs, coming in with her lab coat on and a cup of coffee in hand. She watches you slowly get up and prop yourself up to sit on the floor, lazily rubbing your eyes and yawning loudly.

"When you're done being on the floor I need your help with something." She says walking away and closing the door behind her.

"God I need some coffee...."

~Time skip to when you're fully awake (and have your coffee)~

As you walk into your mother's lab still in your lazy pajamas, being a black tank top and f/c sweat pants, and a cup of hot coffee in hand (if you don't like coffee just change it to hot cocoa or tea or something).

"Alright mom I'm here what is it you-.... needed...." You walk in casually and see her working on some giant arch way looking thing. You see her screwing in some bolts on the side of it, seeming to finish off the mystery piece of technology, her new theory shattering invention no doubt.

"Oh there you are just in time!" She puts her drill down after one last bolt is tightly fastened. Take a step back next to you she admires her hard work with a hand on her hip.

"So... First off what is this thing? It looks like some alien tech or somethin." You give her a questioning look hoping to get the much needed information from her.

"This here is my lastest and greatest! Basically it's a dimensional portal, you just turn it on, punch in some numbers and walk through to a new dimension!" She explains excitedly and giving the side of the machine a good pat with her last words.

"IT CHANGES DIMENSIONS!!"

"Sure does, and that's exactly why I need you here"

"Wait... You want me to... Go through that thing!?"

"Yup! Your gonna my little gine pig!"

"But what about dad?! Or trunks?! Hell you could even call Goku over to do it?!" You throw your arms around in exasperation. Frantically trying to think of something to get out of this crazy situation your mother had put you in.

The thought of traveling to a different dimension was intriguing in all fairness. But the thought of not knowing where you were going, and the possibility of something going wrong with no way to return home-

That was horrifying.

"Well you see that's the thing. I already asked everyone." She gave a defeated sigh. "Vegeta said he doesn't have time for it because of his training, him and Goku are going over to train with whis again so that also takes him out of the picture. Trunks says he's too busy but I think he was just trying to get out of it like you are."

"Well what about Gohan? Or yamcha? Krillin?"

"No, no, and no. Gohan is busy with his job being a scholar, krillin is busy as a police officer, and yamcha.... I would rather not ask him. Knowing him he'd probably act all tough saying he could and then chicken out last minute saying something came up" she let out a small chuckle from the crazy shenanigans her and yamcha had back in the day.

"Damn...." You let out a long sigh weighing your options. "....fine I'll do it."

Bulma gasped in surprise as a huge smile was spreading across her face "omg y/n you are a huge life saver! Thank you so mu-"

"But. If I'm gonna do this.... I want my allowance doubled for a full year"

"You always did like to get something out of everything, never one to just do a favor for free huh. Alright fine, twice your normal allowance for a full year"

"Deal. Alright then explain to me how this works and what I need to do."

"So for the most part it's on my end, all I have to do is put in some numbers that act like coordinates. But since this is a test drive we have no designated location so I can put in pretty much anything that fits the bill." She says with a hand on her chin looking upwards as she explains this part, well mostly to herself but nonetheless she explains it.

"For you all you really need to do it walk through it and come out the other end of it. Then if you want to explore around a little in the other dimension and walk back through."

"That's.. that's it? Wow I thought it would be a lot more complicated than that."

"Yup it'll be really simple! Easy peasy!"

"Alright let me get changed then and get some shoes on"

One short time skip later~

After changing into some leggings and a thin hoody with some basic tennis shoes you head back to the lab.

(Basically this but add the shoes and it's your hair and stuff)

"Alright I'm back and I'm ready"

Standing strong on the platform the portal is on, you get yourself prepared mentally for the possibilities that are to come from this experiment.

With a couple of button pushes and flip switches from your mother you see the arch way light up. Filling the once empty space with a dark blue color. It's odd to see the way it appears to be moving. And how it is seemingly transparent yet also solid makes you question if you could actually walk through it.

"You can do this y/n I know you can" she tells you with a proud smile planted on her face and a nod of her head. In reality she is also very nervous. If something were to go wrong she could very well lose her daughter and it would be entirely her fault. But believing in her capabilities as an inventor and knowing that there are the dragon balls that can wish you back if something were to happen, it puts her more at ease.

"Alright let's do this!"

And with that you walk into the portal and into the beginning of a new life.