Chapter 21: Evolve

3RD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"Scream and your entire staff die. I could've killed you, Helen, the night we met. I didn't." Ultron said. "Do you expect a thank-you note?" Helen replied. "I expect you to know why." Ultron corrected.

Helen looked down at the big metal crate on the ground. "The Cradle," Helen whispered. "This is the next thing, Tony." Helen's voice played out on the recording.

"This is the next me," Ultron said placing his hand on the crate. "The Regeneration Cradle prints tissue. It can't build a living body." Helen said staring at the cradle.

"It can. You can." Ultron took a step towards Helen, making her take a step back in fear. "You lack the materials." Ultron continued. Helen's eyes redirected to a robot walking out from the shadows holding a thing of Vibranium in his arms

"You're a brilliant woman, Helen." Another robot walked out with Loki's scepter in his hands "But we all have room to improve." Ultron finished and the robot placed the scepter on Helen's chest. Helen's eyes turned black and then to a very light blue.

She was mind controlled.

~~~~~☀︎☽☾☁︎☂︎☔︎☃︎~~~~~

~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~

The crew sat in the dining room, listening to Fury speak about Ultron. "Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury explained.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle of any of his plans, though." Fury answered.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked, throwing darts at the board. "Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway." Fury said as he was cutting food. "I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," Tony said, facing Fury.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that," Fury said. Steve's head turned in Fury's direction, "Nexus?" He questioned. "It's the world interest hub in Olso. Every bile of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." Bruce answered.

"So, what did they say?" Clint asked. "He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." Fury said. "By whom?" Tony asked.

"Parties unknown," Fury said, looking up. "Do we have an ally?" Nat asked. "Ultron got an enemy. That's not the same thing." Fury said. "Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Clint shrugged.

"I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown." Tony said. "Well, this is good times, boss but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that," Nat said

"Ditto," Ramona called out, pointing her finger up in the air. "I do, I have you," Fury said. "Aw, so sweet. You want to hug?" Ramona asked, opening up her arms.

"Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream of. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Fury spoke.

Ramona didn't like when Fury gave long speeches. It reminded her of her father. He always had to make a point and would throw a fit if it didn't get across. Honestly, Daphne's parents felt more like hers than her own. Her mother died so it wasn't her fault that she wasn't there but her father and no excuse. He's had many opportunities to become a better father and a better man in general. Yet, he never took them. Daphne's parents don't count though because she knew them when she was their age. Ramona knew everyone's parents when she used to go to Hogwarts with them. She only attended Hogwarts in the year 1971 to 1978, when Potter's parents went, and now.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk," Natasha said referring to when Fury called Ultron a 'platinum bastard' "You know what Romanoff?" Steve said, still leaning against the wall. Poor Rogers is never going to live without the team's teasing.

"So, what does he want?" Fury asked, leaning back in the chair he currently sat on. "To become better. Better than us." Steve answered. "Better than me? Impossible. I call BS on all of this." Ramona cut in. This conversation was boring. She really needed to go back to Hogwarts and hang out with teenagers again. At least they are interesting when it comes to weird conversations. "He keeps building bodies," Steve continued, ignoring Ramona's comment. Ramona snorted. 'I wish it was that easy' She thought. Natasha nudged the girl to bring her back out of her thoughts.

"Person bodies" Tony cut off. "The human form is inefficient biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." He continued. "When you two programmed him to protect the human race you amazingly failed," Nat spoke. "They don't need to be protected," Bruce said looking down.

"Of course, they need to be protected. Everyone needs a bit of protection in the world. Yes, they might not be damaged goods who need healing but they still need someone there to help. Especially with the shit we have in the world. Talking, walking, and killing robots? Aliens? Fucking gods and goddesses? Hell, some of us here have some form of power that just adds the cherry on top of the destruction sundae. My point is we need protection. They need protection. They need us." Ramona said, making everyone turn to her.

Ramona rarely spoke during these types of meetings. Other than her sexual comments or sarcastic comments most of them forgot she was even there. It shocked them. "They need to evolve," Bruce looked up at Ramona. "Ultron's going to evolve," He finished saying.

"How?" Fury asked, pulling his drink away from his mouth and looking in between Bruce and Ramona. "Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho," Bruce asked, looking around the room.

Ramona squinted, "What the fuck does that have to do with anything?"

Very, very short chapter I'm so sorry I just needed something to work with and give you guys. I've looked back at my previous chapters and as I said in the story, Ramona doesn't really speak other than making tiny little comments. I will try and make her part of this story more active and talkative. How was your guy's Christmas and New Year? I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye!

-Ojos dé ángel