Chapter 22: The Four Stones

3RD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

The crate opened up to see a robotic body inside. The body was red with silver in some parts. "It's beautiful," Dr. Cho said. Lasers scanned the synthezoid and showed up on the screen. "The vibranium atoms aren't just compatible with the tissue cells, they're binding them," Cho said with excitement and amazement in her expression. "And S.H.I.E.L.D never even thought to-" Helen was cut off by Ultron, "The most versatile substance on the planet and they used it to make a frisbee. Typical of humans. They scratch the surface and never think." The laser destroyed the layer protecting the mind stone in the scepter. The stone started floating in the air.

"to look within," Ultron said, placing his hand out and watched as the stone landed softly in the palm of his hand. Ultron turned and placed the stone in the hole in the synthezoid head. Gold lines spread throughout the forehead.

While that was happening, the Avengers were getting ready to leave the 'safe house'. "I'll take Natasha, Clint, and Ramona," Steve said, placing his shield on his back. "All right. Strictly recon. I'll hit the Nexus. I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony replied. "If Ultron's really building a body..." Steve started, "He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Tony finished, as he turned to face Steve. Steve sarcastically nodded, " You know, I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me."

Fury walked into the room and immediately started talking. "I'll drop Banner off at the tower." He slipped his coat on and turned to Tony, "You mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Tony looks over and shakes his head, "She's all yours. Apparently," It was Steve's turn to talk, "What are you gonna do?" Fury sighs, "I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope." And he turns to walk away.

Soon after the Quinjet pulls away from the Bartin's home and takes its place in the sky.

Thor was still gone and The Avengers had no clue where he could be. "So, this is it." Erik Selvig, the astrophysicist that Thor met when he spent his time with Jane, said as they entered the Norn Cave. "The Water of Sight," Erik described the pool of water flowing below them. "In every realm, there's a reflection. If the water's spirits accept me, I can return to my dream and find what I missed. " Thor explained. Yet, the word dream had a better word for it. Nightmare. "Men who enter that water, the legends don't end well," Erik said.

While this was happening, something else that had to do with the famous Stark was happening at the NEXUS internet hub. " A hacker who's faster than Ultron? He could be anywhere. And as this is the center of everything, I'm just a guy looking for a needle in the world's biggest haystack." Tony said typing away at the computers in front of him. "How do you find it?" A woman asked that was standing behind him. "It's pretty simple. You bring a magnet." He took a breath in and started singing, "Im decrypting nuclear codes and you don't want me to" He turned and started typing on the other computer, "Come and get me." He finished saying.

Back at the Norn cave, Thor was completely submerged in the pool of water. Soon Thor started to revisit his nightmare, he saw Asgard and Asgardians reveling as it decays. "Wake up!" Heimdall yells while seizing him by the neck. Thor's body was engulfed with lightning in and outside of the nightmare. Thor was groaning while Erik was staring at him from outside the pool. Thor saw Loki's scepter and Ultron. In the dream, the lightning on his body struck upwards and hit Loki's scepter. A tiny blue stone had broke out of it and floated in the air. Thor groaned out in pain. "Thor!" Erik called out. In the dream, another strike of lightning flew out of his body. He saw Ultron, "Extinction," Thor heard him say, followed by a flash of Tony smiling at the party they had and then something hitting one side of the Earth, making that area explode. He saw the blue stone again but with yellow light inside of it.

Then the blue stone broke and then showed a yellow one. The yellow stone floated out of sight and an orb took its place. The orb broke and showed a purple stone inside of it. Then a red liquid took its place and inside held a red stone. Then the tesseract took its place and inside was a blue stone. Then the stone floated beside the other stones. There, floated four stones, The yellow stone, the purple stone, the red stone, and the blue stone. Another bolt of lightning hit Thor making him scream.

While that was happening Dr. Cho was working on Ultron and the synthezoid. "Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream. We're uploading your cerebral matrix now." She explains while Wanda and Pietro watch. "I can read him," Wanda said, "He's dreaming." She finishes. Cho starts to explain "I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness. Informational noise. Soon..." She was cut off by Ultron. "How soon?" He asks, "I'm not being pushy." He lifts his arm. "We're imprinting a physical brain. There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem..." Cho's voice is drained out as Wanda closes her eyes and places her hands on the crate he was lying in.

She saw the side of the earth get hit with something and the side exploded. Just like Thor had seen. She pulls her hands off and screams. Pietro runs over and Ultron stands up. She makes eye contact with Pietro then looks up at Ultron in terror, "How could you?" She asks. "How could I what?" He asks. "You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world." She stutters. "It will be better." He says. Her eyes widen, "When everyone is dead?" She says, her thick accent coming through. "That is not..." He raises his voice and then stops himself. "The human race will have every opportunity to improve." He says moving his arms around. "And if they don't?" Pietro asks. "Ask Noah," Ultron answers. Wanda takes in a deep breath "You are a madman." She says.

"There are more than a dozen extinction-level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs. When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it. And, believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve. There's no room." Ultron says and places his hand on the container with Ultron in it. "For the weak." He says. "And who decides who's weak?" Pietro asks. Wanda discretely lifts her hand and takes the spell that Ultron put on Cho away. "Life" Ultron chuckles. "Life always decides." Ultron stood up straight. The sound of an aircraft approaching took place. "There's incoming," Ultron says. Pietro turns around to embrace Wanda. "The Quinjet. We have to move." Ultron says. "That's not a problem," Cho says stepping forward. Ultron looks over at Cho as she starts typing and pauses the synthezoid's loading.

Ultron sighs in annoyance and shoots a blast at Dr. Cho. Pietro grabs Wanda and rushes her out of the room. "Wait, guys!" Ultron stammers then begin to blast all of the workers there. "They'll understand." He says. " When they see, they'll understand. I just need a little more time." He says and pulls the plug out from behind his head. The computer shows that the connection was lost and that the synthezoid is almost halfway done loading.

The Quinjet pulls up and Steve climbs up the building looking into the distance. " Two minutes. Stay Close." He orders. He runs into the building to see Dr. Cho laying on the ground, "Dr. Cho!" He yells while kneeling. "He's uploading himself into the body." She pants. "Where?" Steve asks and she shakes her head. Steve tried to get up but is stopped by Dr. Cho when she grabs his arm. "The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." She explains. " First I have to find it." He says. " Go." She breathes out.