Chapter 12: The Task and The Bet

No authors note. Enjoy!

Previously on Trouble

"Narcissa! bring in the child!" Antonin yelled.

Narcissa ran out of the dining room and into a room upstairs.

I drew in a sharp breath, the cold air sucking in between my teeth.

I could hear Narcissa's heels clicking on the floor and soon she came into my vision.

She was holding a baby.

A real baby.

I took a step backward.

"A baby? something about this doesn't seem straightforward," I said

"Right, your task is to take care of sweet Liam here until he is old enough to be separated and will soon be trained to be a death eater," Antonin answered and smirked again.

Narcissa handed me the baby making me stiffen up.

"You have to do the task Ramona," Lucius croaked out.

"I can't do this! I'm not ready I'm only 16!" I argued back.

"That's a lie...we all know the secret Ramona, you are 147!" Lucius yelled back.

Liam started crying at Lucius's loud voice, I gently laid Liam's head on my shoulder and rubbed his back while quietly shushing him.

"If you know about that then you know about the curse! I can't take care of him for no longer than 3 years!" I told both Antonin and Lucius.

They both ignored me.

"Well, I don't have any baby things for him!" I said trying to get out of this task.

Narcissa handed me a small box, I opened it to see a miniature crib, toys, anything that a baby would need.

"Just grab what you need, place it on the ground where u want it, and use the Engorgio charm on the item," Antonin explained.

"You can't do this to me," I whispered in a desperate voice.

"Actually, I can do whatever I want to you," Antonin answered pulling out something from behind his back.

My contract.

"I signed that when I was fourteen, you can't just expect me to agree on everything now," I said.

Antonin smirked, "I, Ramona Dalton, hereby permit Antonin Dolohov, to assign-" I cut him off before he could finish.

"Okay! I'll do it!"I said knowing that this whole thing is going to come back and bite me in the ass.

~~~~~☀︎☼☽☾☁︎☂︎☔︎☃︎★~~~~~

~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~

It had been a while since we got back from Malfoy Manor and I was walking around my room trying to baby-proof as many things as I could.

Liam was in his playpen or whatever the hell you call it having the time of his life while I'm wondering how the fuck I'm supposed to attend all my classes and everything with a baby attached to my hip.

I walked over to Liam and picked him up, I started towards the door and soon enough I was walking to Dumbledore's office.

I knocked on the door, "Come in," an old voice called out from the other side of the door.

I slightly opened the door and peeked my head through, "Ramona! Hello! What can I help you with?" Dumbledore said once he looked up and saw me.

I chuckled, "You're going to wish you never asked that question," I said and fully walked in, shutting the door behind me.