14

"Well?! Who is it gonna be?" Michael exclaimed out of impatience.

I was spun around again to face Calum. He took my hands in his, intertwining our fingers together.

"Brooklyn, I really like you, but I can't stand having-" Calum paused for a short moment, glancing at Michael for a quick second, "-around. He's only bringing you down and he's trying to break us apart!"

Michael scoffed in the background, "And I have a good reason to! He's not who you think he is, Brooklyn! You saw who he was, how he acted...what makes you think that he just suddenly changed? How do you know if he's the real Calum?!"

Calum rolled his eyes before tightening his hold on my hands, "I know, in the past I've been a huge dick and all, but I've changed. You've been with me and saw how I've changed. I'm a better person now."

Michael cackled aloud and we both turned towards him. He pretended to wipe a tear from his eyes and began clapping, "Wow! That was...That was hilarious! But you're a shitty actor, join Drama if you plan on actually fooling someone."

"Listen douchebag, nobody asked for your comment so fuck off," Calum hissed, clearly aggravated.

Michael uncrossed his arms, "Oh? So I'm the douchebag now? This is coming from the guy that basically fucking betrayed his best friend of more than 10 years to go hang with the cool kids?!"

The hallway went silent. I looked up at Calum and saw his angered stare at Michael along with a hint of guiltiness. Michael stood there, fists clenched as his chest heaved up and down. Calum's hold on me loosened a bit.

"I...I'm sorry," Calum let out weakly as he avoided Michael's eyes.

"Sorry? After 3 fucking years, all you have to say is sorry? " Michael said, inching closer and closer to us.

Calum didn't have anything to say. He had a guilty expression plastered on his face as he continued to stare at the floor.

"No, fuck you. You don't get to be sorry, not after what you've done to me...and I'm not letting you do the same thing to Brooklyn," Michael spat, freeing my hand from Calum's grip as he began pulling me the opposite direction.

My other hand was also pulled back by Calum, "She's mine!"

"Well, I'm not letting you take her away from me, like you did with my trust!" Michael shouted back, pulling me harder.

"She's all that I have left!" Calum screamed, pulling me back.

It was like a game of tug a war over a rag doll...except that rag doll was me.

"Stop!" I shouted aloud as I pulled away from both their grasps.

They both fell silent as they stared at me. I was mad, frustrated they can't work things out between them. I understood that what Calum did was wrong...but he changed. He's aware of his mistakes and is willing to fix them, why can't Michael just realize that? And Calum should stop firing Michael up for a fight. It's obvious that Michael is still upset over what happened between them, yet Calum acts as if they've been enemies their whole lives.

"You both need to stop," I stated, glaring at both of them.

"Well who is it gonna be then?" Calum asked.

"It's either him or me," Michael said.

I stood there in silence for a few moments to get my thoughts together. Taking a deep breath, I slowly turned towards Michael.

"I'm sorry," I said with my head hung low.

Michael was left mouth agape, "This has got to be a joke."