16

It was another day of tutoring session. Everyone was packing up since it was time to go. Luke had already left and so have the other tutors. I glanced ahead of me to find Michael done packing up. He began heading out and I quickly stuffed the last of my papers into my backpack. He was a couple steps ahead of me in the hallway.

"Hey Michael!" I called out, "Wait up!"

He slightly turned his head and we made eye contact. He turned back, looking straight ahead as he quickened his pace, "Fuck off."

Leaving me no choice, I jogged to catch up to him. 

"Can we talk?" I asked, grabbing his shoulder as we stopped abruptly.

He glanced at my hand on his shoulder before roughly pushing it off, "Don't touch me, and we have nothing to talk about."

"It won't be long," I pleaded, "Just five minutes."

"No. I'm not interested in what you have to say," He spat, walking ahead.

He was a couple feet ahead of me when I decided to just shout at him. "You don't want to know what everyone's been on about you?"

"Again, fuck the fuck off," He shouted back, flipping me off.

Ignoring his response, I continued, "Everyone's been laughing and talking about you...about that stupid video of you..."

He stopped abruptly before turning around and storming straight towards me. He grabbed the collar of my shirt, twisting it as he pushed me against the wall.

"Are you trying to piss me off by bringing up this situation?" he hissed, tightening his grip on my shirt.

"No!" I replied, "I'm trying to help you!"

He released his hold on me and I stumbled back. "Help me?" he said, chuckling a bit, "Do you think I'm that stupid?"

"I know we don't have a friendly relationship towards us--"

"No shit."

"But, I want to change that," I stated, "I want to help you."

"Excuse me?" he said, "You? Want to help me? Is this some kind of sick joke?"

"I know, I know how stupid it sounds but it's the truth. Let's just put the past behind us."

"What?" he shook his head, "You think it's that easy? Just to forget what you've done to me? Just to forget that you ever ruined my life?"

"I'm sorry, okay? I really am! If I could just rewind time and change things, I would. And if you still don't believe me, fine be that way," I said, raising my hands up in surrender, "I just want you to know that your best friend isn't really being a best friend."

I turned my back towards him, walking a couple steps forward.

"Wait!" he called out, "Luke? What...what about him?"

I stopped, smirking to myself before wiping my smirk off and facing him. "Oh...you don't know?" I said, tilting my head to the side a bit.

He knitted his eyebrows together, "Don't know what? What's going on?"

"Well...he might have posted something embarrassing about you online," I said.

"Okay, now that's bullshit. Luke would never do that, you're just fucking with me again," he said, turning to leave.

I quickly reached into my pocket, pulling out my phone. I found the video and played it aloud. Michael immediately stopped in his tracks before storming back.