3

I sat at the empty table alone, before Brook came over and sat next to me. "Lemme guess, held back again?" I chuckled before she shook her head.

"I was on my way to the line but someone tripped me and I spilled my papers..." she muttered.

We carried on, eating and chatting as usual. Until, someone decided to invite themself over.

"Madison!" Calum shouted aloud, approaching our table. "How are you?"

He came over and took a seat right next to me. Out of all of the other empty seats, he chose to sit right next to me! Unbelievable. By now, everyone in the cafeteria was practically staring at me.

"Hey," he greeted Brook with a slight nod.

Her cheeks turned to a bubblegum pink color as she shyly waved back. Oh brother. "Anyways, how's your head?" he quickly asked, turning the attention back to me.

Before I could even respond, he quickly placed his warm hand on my forehead. I quickly smacked his hand away as he smirked, looking at the table. "Oooo whatcha eating?" he asked, poking at my lunch.

I slapped his hand away, "It's just the school lunch."

He nodded in amazement. I quickly turned in my position to face him. "Calum, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked, being straight forward because honestly, he was getting on my nerves.

"Hey look, you're not wearing your glasses.." he smiled. "You look better without them anyway."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Answer my question," I commanded. "What are you doing here?"

"Um, I go here?" he giggled, thinking that it was the dumbest question anyone could've asked him.

"No, I meant here. Why'd you have to come to this very spot? Out of all places?!" I exclaimed.

"Why not?" he retorted, wearing a cocky smile. "I could sit wherever I please."

I rolled my eyes, "Well could you sit somewhere else? You're disrupting me and my friend's conversation."

He sighed to himself, getting up from his seat, knowing he lost to my words. All of a sudden, Brook got up with him.

"Wait!" she exclaimed, her hand reaching over and grabbing his arm.

He immediately stopped and looked at her hand on him before looking at her. She quickly pulled her hand away as she looked down, muttering apologies while her cheeks turned to a deeper shade of pink.

"Y-you could stay. Y-you're not disrupting us.." she mumbled, avoiding his eyes.

"Brooklyn!" I scolded.

She quickly sat back down as Calum did too. I mentally face palmed myself, was she being serious right now?!

"See? Your friend doesn't mind." he smirked. "And since she doesn't mind me..."

I didn't get a chance to even open my mouth before he called over a couple names. Before you know it, the popular table that always sat in the center were now being moved to my table.

"Wha-what are you doing?!" I exclaimed at him as a group more than 7 approached us.

"Inviting my friends over, what does it look like?" he scoffed, scooting closer to me to allow more room for his friends.

Feeling uncomfortable, I tried to get up but was quickly pushed back down. His arm wrapped around my shoulders, despite my protests. I looked over at Brooklyn to find a somewhat sad expression on her face as she looked at me and Calum.