15

After being notified of the instructions of the extra credit assignment, people began to clear out and go home. Mr. Martin began packing up when I approached him.

"Mr. Martin, I'm begging you, isn't there someone else I can tutor?" I pleaded.

"I can hear you," Calum notified.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Sorry Lucas. There's not much I can do. There's no more students for you to exchange with," Mr. Martin stated.

"Is there really no way for me to change students?" I asked.

He shook his head, "unless you exchanged students with one of the other tutors."

"Alright," I sighed, "thanks Mr. Martin."

He nodded his head and I began heading towards the door. Calum stood outside by the door, waiting for me. I didn't even bother to glance at him, continuing to walk off. He hurried up and caught up besides me. I quickened my pace but he still caught up.

"Whoa slow down buddy!" he chuckled, jumping in front of me.

"Why are you even following me?" I asked, glaring at him.

"You're my tutor. REMEMBER?" he smirked.

"Not for long," I muttered under my breath, "And tutoring starts next week, not today dumbass."

His eyebrows raised, "Did Good Boy Lucas just swear?"

Narrowing my eyes at him, I shoved him aside and continued to walk on, leaving Calum snickering behind.

—-

There was still time before next week; two days, to be exact. As soon as I got home, I immediately began calling some of the tutors that I saw. 

"Hey Ben, I was wondering--"

No.

"Joe, buddy! Hey! Me? I'm fine, although I was hoping maybe we could--"

No.

"What's up Chris? Nothing much, um..you're doing that tutor program right? Yeah, I was thinking if maybe we can--"

No.

No. Those were the only responses I received. Some would've already responded before I could even finish my thought. This was going to be hard, considering the fact that my pupil is one of the most despised in the whole school.

Before you know it, the two days passed and there was still nobody that was up to exchange pupils with me. But there was still time before the actual tutoring session began...which also meant I have to spend most of my time on finding a tutor that's willing to exchange with me.

I arrived at school early and immediately began my hunt for tutors. I stopped by the snack bar and bought an arm load of snacks and stuffed them in my backpack. These were just Plan B aka bribing. I wandered through the hallways until I spotted a familiar face.

The red-haired boy stood there, leaned against the lockers as he conversed with girl besides him.

"Michael!" I shouted, to which he only glanced at me before continuing his conversation.

I approached the two and interrupted their conversation. "Hey buddy," I smiled, swinging an arm around his shoulders, "What are you two talking about?"

No one responded, they only averted their eyes elsewhere. "Fuck off Luke," Michael said, removing my arm from his shoulders.

"Well, it's time for me to head to class anyway...I'll leave you two alone now," the girl spoke, "Bye Michael."