2

I froze, not knowing what to do or say as he jogged on over, panting. He looked at me to Madison.

"Is she alright?" he asked me as he crouched down to her level.

I stood there, swallowing the lump in my throat, not knowing what to say. He looked up at me and I quickly looked away.

"Uhh, is she okay?" he repeated.

With wide eyes, I looked back at him. I shrugged as his brown eyes bored into mine. He sighed to himself before brushing away some strands of hair away from Madison's face.

"Excuse me.." he tried, shaking her body a bit.

There wasn't a response, but after a couple seconds, her eyes began to slowly open. She looked dazed at her surroundings. "She's awake!" Calum exclaimed, looking up at me with a smile, causing me to blush.

Madison looked around confused. "Where am I?" she asked slowly. "What happened?"

"Erm.. you're at the football field right now. I accidentally kicked the ball over here and it hit you on the head." Calum replied sheepishly.

"Oh," was all Madison said.

"Are you okay? Do you need to go to the nurse?" he asked, helping her sit up.

"Ugh, it's ok. My head just hurts," she replied as she attempted to stand up, but she ended up falling back down.

"You obviously need help getting to the nurse." he chuckled under his breath.

"It looks like I do." she replied, chuckling a bit at herself.

Without any warning, he scooped her body up with his arms effortlessly. My eyes widened as Madison's did as well. "W-What are you doing?" she quickly asked.

"I'm taking you to the nurse. Now hold on tight before you drop again." he smirked.

Without any protest, she obeyed, wrapping her arms around his neck. Then, he began to walk off with her, towards the school buildings. I stood there, still surprised at what had just happened before quickly following them. I was a couple steps behind them when suddenly a bell was heard in the distance, indicating that lunch time was over.

They both stopped and there were whispers being exchanged before Calum turned around. I stopped abruptly also. The image of him holding my best friend in his arms caused me to feel slight jealousy. "Umm, she says that you should get back to class.." Calum notified.

I looked at Madison where she nodded and mouthed a 'I'll be alright.' I bit my lip nervously and waved good-bye to them before hurrying to my next class.

MADISON'S P.O.V.

He continued to carry me as we both stayed awkwardly silent. I wanted to say something but it was too awkward...plus what could I say? I looked up at him and to be honest, he did look pretty cute. Now, I could see why Brook liked him. No, stop. Brook likes him.

"Anyways, I'm Calum.." he introduced himself, breaking the awkward silence.

"Uh, I'm Madison.." I mumbled.

"That's a nice name.." he smiled.

"Thanks..?" I said.

"I'm trying to be nice but you're making it so awkward." Calum complained, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well you're literally carrying me so it's going to be awkward no matter what.." I replied.

"Oh? So you want me to drop you?" he said.

My eyes quickly widened. "What! No! That's not what I meant!" I exclaimed.

"I know, I know. I was just kidding, jeez!" he laughed, causing me to chuckle a bit.