12

BROOKLYN'S P.O.V.

Last time we spoke was on Tuesday. Now, it was Friday aka our date. We stopped hanging out during break and lunch, thinking it'd be better since we would have more to talk about during our date. He would hang out with his friends while I'd do the same but with my friends. This meant I could make up for all those times I missed out on with Michael, Luke, and Leah.

It was lunchtime and we sat the same table as usual. Michael and Luke were talking about some game while Leah and I just ate our lunch.

"Hey Brooklyn, did anything happen between you and that guy?" Michael asked, leaning over to my side.

"Calum? No.." I responded.

"Really? I don't see you around with him anymore," he continued.

"Well it's not like I have to spend every single second with him," I mumbled as I picked at my food with the fork.

"True," Michael agreed, backing off.

"You know what's strange?" Leah chimed in.

"What?" we replied in unison.

"Madison has been so quiet lately. Like, she hasn't started anything yet, surprisingly," Leah continued.

"Maybe she finally realized that she's been a bitch this whole time and finally decided to stop," Luke suggested.

"Pft, no way. She's way too oblivious and stubborn to notice anything," I shook my head.

"Well, maybe..but here's something else," Leah started, "Well ever since Calum and Brooklyn became friends, she literally disappeared. Normally, she would do something, right? But surprisingly she hasn't done anything yet."

"That is quite weird now that I think about it," Michael said.

"I wonder if she's planning something," Luke mumbled.

"Knowing her, she probably is," I shrugged, taking a sip of my juice.

"You're not worried?" Luke inquired with raised eyebrows.

All eyes were on me. "Well, not really..." I said, "I mean, what could she do? She cheated on Cal and I don't see why she would want him back if she was the one who left the relationship first."

"But keep in mind that she fucking hates you," Michael reminded, "She's not gonna be too happy to see you getting along with her ex-boyfriend."

I went quiet, knowing Michael had a point.

"But if Madison did try to take Calum back or something, he wouldn't do that...not after what she put him through," I said.

"I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one," Michael said, "Madison has her ways. I mean, c'mon, she has the body and the face for it. She could seduce any guy that she wants. It'll be pretty hard for Calum to resist her."

His statement filled my mind with negative thoughts. He was right. Madison could literally walk up at any moment and just take him away for me and I wouldn't be able to do anything...

Wait, what am I even talking about? Why do I care so much about this? He's not even mine. He never was. I don't even know if I have feelings for him yet. I shouldn't worry about these things.

The bell rang soon after and everyone started to clear out. Michael had left and Luke was standing, waiting for me. I stopped Leah as she was packing up.

"Uh hey," I started, tapping her shoulder to catch her attention.

"Hmm?" she responded, tucking her hair behind her ear.