Chapter 22

*Beval Hernandez's POV:

We stepped out of the elevator, tightly holding hands. Wind that smelled of old metal and gasoline blew in our faces.

As expected, it was a hangar. Two jets were at the center of the hangar. About a hundred or so technicians were repairing and updating the parts of both planes.

"They look busy", Gaia said with hesitation, wanting to go back upstairs.

"Let's go", I said, grabbing her hand as we walked towards them.

"Hey! You can't be down here!", a man yelled as he stopped what he was doing, storming over towards us. The others stopped what they were doing and looked over at us.

"Hey, we don't want any trouble. We are just looking for Trevor," I calmly explained as I placed my hands up.

"You found him," a male voice interrupted. Our eyes gazed behind the man as another walked up behind him. It was Trevor. "What's up kids?"

A smile formed, taking away the attention from his salt and pepper colored beard. It was good to see him and talk to him after so long. But this conversation wasn't going to be so positive.

"We have something to discuss with you, urgently", Gaia spoke up, tilting her head towards an area away from the technicians.

"Give me a minute", Trevor told the technician who approached us, giving him a pat on the shoulder. He nodded before leaving Trevor to follow us.

We walked over to a corner of the room. I deeply exhaled before speaking, clasping my hands together.

"We have to go back to Northern California."

"What?! Why?!", he responded in a shout-whisper.

"Danny had a vision. The FEMA officers will be attacking our home shelter soon. Lord knows what they will do to our family, friends and the people of the shelter. We can't leave them there. You are our only hope on getting us back", Gaia explained, grabbing his arms in desperation.

Trevor sighed before rubbing his face in distress, clearly hesitating.

"This is risky. Too risky," He groaned.

"Noah is in there too", I said.

Trevor's gazed widened, in a mild panic. Holding his composer, he exhaled.

"Okay. How long do we have?", He asked.

"Our goal is to leave tonight", I responded.

"Why didn't you tell Alex? He could've transported you there and even transported the people back here to escape."

"Shimizu and Danny's orders were to not tell a single soul....but trust me, I agree. Getting Alex's help would be beneficial", I explained.

"Do you trust Alex?"

I had to think about that question. I don't know him that well even though we share a suite. He seems like a pretty cool dude. He flirts with Kimberly a lot so that gets her out of my face. I never got any red flags from him or any suspicious activity.

The more I thought about Shimizu and Danny's plan, the more I realized it didn't make any sense. Why take a ten hour plane ride when we could use Alex to teleport us to Northern Cali in a split second. We have to take that chance to trust him. Secondly, the plan was made within a day. Usually Shimizu plans his missions weeks ahead, even months, therefore it didn't have much thinking that went into this. My gut went against it.

"Honestly, I don't know. Maybe we should ask for Alex's help. It would be more efficient for him to take us there."

"Beval?!", Gaia gasped in disbelief that I would go against my best friend.