Chapter 24

*Kimberly Martin's POV:*

"What?", I asked, praying I didn't hear him correctly and hoping he was saying something totally different. "What do you mean?"

Alex raised his arms. "This! This was all part of the plan. Getting you here was all part of the plan. Though, I would say, it was sooner than I expected. I was expecting to have the Officers take you as soon as you touch down with Trevor, Danny and Shimizu."

"Wait! You already knew we were planning to leave with Shimizu?!" Celosia asked angrily. "How?"

"I saw you all running into the janitor's closet to talk but you didn't see me. I put my head to the door and listened to everything from the outside. A few hours later, I teleported to the World Leader's Headquarters and told him everything."

My brain was all over the place. So many things happened in that span of time, but many things also didn't make sense and now the person we tried to trust had betrayed us. The person I was actually starting to like in someway turned against us. I couldn't believe it. How could we have been so stupid? I was so suspicious of Ashley and Sargent Thomas when it should've been him!

"You monster!", Gaia growled at him. "Once Shimizu hears about this he wil-"

"Do what?", Alex crossing his arms. "Throw water at me? Every single plan he has discussed I heard about! Why do you think they all fail? Huh? Because I warn the World Leader before hand! I had no choice!"

"How long?", Celosia asked sternly.

"How long what?", Alex asked.

"How long have you been his bitch?!", she yelled. The teenage Celosia was coming out and quickly.

"I wouldn't say I am his "bitch". But I have been discussing Shimizu's plans with the world leader for over a year now. Especially the recent plan of Shimizu coming here to rescue your poor folks. But it wasn't always like this though. At first I was on Shimizu's side."

Alex's voice was so monotone. I just couldn't tell if he was regretful or not. He just stood there, explaining. No smile or frown on his face.

"So what happened?!", I asked, trying to understand why. I was so heartbroken. I really didn't want to speak nor hear what he had to say, but I just had to know.

"I hired my team to kidnap him", I heard a deep voice speak for him, it was loud and clear, and yet intimidating.

We turned towards the shelter's main door. As there were still people being taken up the steps into the outside world, coming down was no other than the World Leader himself: John Victran.

How we recognized him? Shimizu showed us CNN new clips and videos of him waving to crowds with a fake smile, making speeches, and playing golf like shit was sweet.

My eyes doubled in size as we saw him....the man who made all of this possible. The man who is the cause of "world peace", and will be the cause of "world chaos" soon, according to Danny.

"You see, I forced him on my side. I have spies in the Philippines. As you know, the Philippines sided with the experimented and removed themselves from the One World Government. How selfish and unfortunate of them. So, a year ago, the spies I had found Alex teleporting from one area to the next, not having any care that someone may have been watching. It was a give-a-way that he was one of you."

As the World Leader explained. I glanced at Alex. His head was down. He didn't make any eye contact with us. I could tell he felt ashamed, and yet I didn't feel an ounce of sorry for him. It was like that Mina situation but this time I was in Beval's place and I felt Beval's pain.