Chapter 36

*Shimizu Hada's POV:*

Her fiery eyes met mine and my heart skipped a beat.

"Sh-Shimizu?", she called out, standing at the top of the back porch stairs.

There she was, right in front of me.

I gasped as I stood there. She was beautiful, but has gotten more so these past three and a half years I've been imprisoned.

Her wavy red hair was to her waist, a bit longer than before. Her structure was a little bit more frailer than I could recall. Nonetheless, she still carried herself with what I could describe as an assertive elegance as she walked down those steps.

My body began to overheat and I felt myself not being able to move. Why was I acting like this? It was just like it was almost ten years ago when I first met Celosia, Beval and Gaia. It was like I was that shy kid in coach class again, watching them from a distance. Watching her from a distance.

A "hi" would've been too informal, and so would a "hello".

This was Celosia "Robin" Douglas that was in front of me. She's the beautiful burning flower I haven't seen in 5 years, just to see each other again only for a couple of weeks and then not see each other again for another 3 1/2 years.

Pathetic.

Ashley, Sargent Thompson and Trevor were there, and five others from the shelter who fought with us during the prison break. Most couldn't make it, they went back to the Philippines once we were let out of prison.

They were behind me but I didn't even notice. I didn't even notice Danny, our friends, my father and my little sister behind her, or anyone else for that matter. It was like we were the only ones there, and that was no issue for me. In a sense, it made me feel more at ease.

"Robin, I mean Celosia...I-", I sighed, not knowing what exactly to say. I looked away from her, biting my lip.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was upset at me. Beval and Gaia confronted me and told me she wouldn't be, but who knows.

I put my trust in someone I shouldn't have only for him to betray me and turn in my friends. I made them look like imbeciles in front of the World Leader so he wouldn't harm them. I just wanted to keep them safe. I did nothing but put her and the others in danger.

"Listen...I know it's a bit of a surprise to see me. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to be released. I thought I would be jailed forever. But, thanks to you, Beval, Gaia and the others for bringing awareness to experi-babies's rights, just like they protested for your released, so they did with mine. I just got out a month befo-"

At this moment, I sighed, realizing I was rambling, just going on and on and not getting to the point.

Rolling my eyes at my own lack of awareness, I looked towards the ground, then looked back up at her.

She was now standing at the bottom of the back porch, wathcing me with the same expression she had after she first laid eyes on me. She was clutching onto her jacket.

I needed to be a man and just tell it straight.

"What I'm trying to say is that I'm so sorry. I had no other option but to turn myself in and clear your name. I'm so sorry that I wasn't capable to get rid of the World Leader so you had to take matters into your own hands which cost you your own freedom! You were facing murder charges because of me!"

I wiped the tears that were trying to stream down my face.

Slowly, she began moving towards me, staying put three feet away from me.