Chapter 19

*Kimberly Martin's POV:

That night, I sat near a desk. A LED desk light shined over the wooden desk, I could feel the heat on my hand as I colored a piece of paper out of boredom. I couldn't sleep, plus, I was a little drunk.

A glass of wine was to the right of my desk.

I sighed, turning my head to look at my best friend. She was asleep in her bed, and Hikari and Gaia were asleep as well. The room was dark, except for my light and Celosia's nightlight beside her bed, shining enough for me to see her face, hidden within her messy thick hair.

That entire day was a disaster. I had to continuously check those who dared to talk shit about her around me. I wasn't having any of it. Think what you want about her, but that was still my best friend. I'm not excusing what she did but if you knew the whole story between her and Shimizu you will understand why she did it. Ever since she met him she was infatuated with him, even if she didn't show it. And until now, he didn't know it.

Slight snores filled the room.

I shook my head as a chuckled to myself.

"We have been here not even two weeks and she was already kissing Shimizu", I thought. I figured it would've taken her reaching her breaking point before telling him, but I guess not.

Drawing a line, my elbow made contact with the glass of wine. It tilted over, creating a brief waterfall, splashing on the floor beneath me.

"Shit", I quietly cursed. Getting a couple napkins out of my pocket to clean the wine off the floor. I mumbled under my breath as I scrubbed the wine off the door.

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard Gaia ask in a groggy voice.

I turn to look at her. She was sitting up in her bed, fixing the scarf on her head.

"Yeah, I just spilled some wine on the floor, nothing major", I chuckled, giving her a fake smile.

"Oh, alright", she replied, laying back down.

I decided it was time for me to go for a walk, just to get my nerves down. Lord knows what else I would've been spilling. All I knew was that I was angry as hell. First, the gossiping and now the wine. We didn't have a mop in the room so it would make the floor sticky. On my way back to my room, I would've had to fetch a mop from the shelter's kitchen.

Taking my room key with me, I slowly opened the suite's door, then quietly closed it.

As I walked, I tried my best to calm myself down, taking in deep breaths as I stumbled over my own feet a couple of times. There were very little people around, so thank god that they didn't have to see me like this. I had a few not-so-nice words for quite a few people today, and this would've been the perfect time for them to jump me.

I crossed the gym room, the garden room, and even the laundry room. The satisfying smell of Snuggle detergent hit my nose in such an pleasant way, I smiled walking pass it.

In the corner of my eye to the left, I spotted a figure. I turned my head and widen my eyes as I saw Ashley walking. She looked like she was in a hurry. She frantically looked around her. To avoid being seen, I hid behind a wall as I watched her use a key to open the shelter's kitchen.

"Why was she going to the kitchen at this time? It's three in the morning, and snack time is in between meals", I thought to myself, trying to rationalize it.

I'm not the nosy type but something inside of me told me to follow her, so instead of saying "fuck it" and going back to my room, I decided to say "fuck it" and follow her.