Chapter 3

"Hi.." Chelsea said under her breath, she knew what was coming. He was going to tell her she was in the way. But she didn't want to hear him say it.

"You don't have to take me with you, I'll hide out somewhere until Clint comes. He trained me my whole life, I can avoid those guys" she said in one breath.

Bucky wrapped an arm around her and scooted her closer to him, his hand resting on her hip.

"I don't want you to go" he said, he didn't look at her though, he was nervous. He kept his eyes fixed on the water in front of them.

Chelsea however looked at Bucky, she studied his face. He still seemed mad.

"Then what did I do?" She said. Bucky kept his eyes forward, he didn't want to tell her that he asked Sam about the tattoo, he also didn't want to make her talk about it. But he was mad, furious, he didn't even know her back then but someone had their hands on her, he wasn't there to protect her. Why didn't Clint protect her?

Bucky took a long breath before looking at her, he didn't know what to say or how to say it. "What does your back mean?" He said it so quietly, almost a mumble. He didn't feel right prying but he couldn't get it out of his head.

Chelsea heard him and felt all the air leave her lungs, she didn't think he would've noticed her back. "I thought you didn't see anything" she teased.

"I didn't mean to" he admitted.

Chelsea sighed and leaned her head against him.

"I was 16, walking home from my first job when I was stopped by a group of drunk men. They were hitting on me and crowding me from every side, I tried to get away but the cornered me. There were 4 of them, I couldn't fight them off" she said as a few tears started to fall down her face. "They took turns with me while I simply stared up at the streetlights and cried. I couldn't even make my body try to stop them, I froze" she sighed "But then I heard a ruckus and saw the men slowly dropping, Natasha had found me when I took too long to walk home. We were supposed to have a movie night that night because Clint was off on a mission. She killed all 4 of them. Then she took me back to the Avengers compound and called Clint, I stayed there for the weekend until Clint came home. She started teaching me how to fight like her that night. I spent the whole weekend with her and Steve." She didn't even know why she admitted all that to him, she's never admitted it to anyone other than Clint, Natasha and Steve. Tony had found out by mistake and made her a bracelet that could tase people. "I had never met Steve before that night but it felt like he vowed to protect me from then on. He called to check in frequently and he came over as often as he had time. When I turned 18 he was the one that came with me to get my Medusa, he held my hand the entire time. He paid for it actually, I had the money but he wouldn't let me pay. I miss him" she said as another tear fell.

Bucky's jaw clenched, it was worse than he had expected, but he was relieved to hear about their fate. He leaned his head on her head and squeezed her a little tighter.

"I'm sorry, and I shouldn't have asked. It wasn't my business" he said, leaning down and kissing her head.

"I don't know why, but I wanted to tell you, you make me feel safe" she said. A few tears fell down her face.

Bucky was shocked, he's a monster. Why would she feel safe with him? But he wanted to keep it that way, he wanted to be her protector.

"I won't let anyone near you." He said. He didn't move until he felt her move. She turned to face him, there weren't anymore tears but her cheeks were wet. She stared up at him with those beautiful honey colored eyes, the sun shining on the lake almost made them even more beautiful. She was stunning, he couldn't look away. Bucky reached up and wiped her tears off her face with his flesh hand and she gave him a small smile.