Chapter 9

Chelsea woke up in Bucky's strong arms, the sun shining in the window onto her face. She groaned and turned her face into Bucky's firm chest. She wasn't ready to get up yet, but today they were going home and she was excited but nervous. What if he didn't want her to stay in Lousiana? Obviously Clint was going to try to convince her to come to New York with him but she didn't want to go back, she had nothing waiting for her there anymore.

She leaned her head up and her lips met Bucky's jaw, she kissed it a few times before hearing him groan sleepily. He's so cute when he's tired.

"Come on, baby, we gotta pack" she said, still kissing his jaw. He tightened his grip on her and groaned.

"No packing, I'm sleeping" he said, she could tell he was kind if still asleep. She gave his jaw a gentle nibble and laughed. He tilted his head down and stared at her with one eye open.

"Come on, you know you liked the plane ride here" she said, trying to wiggle out of his arms. He finally groaned and let go, flopping his arms straight out to his sides in defeat.

Chelsea hopped up and skipped to the bathroom, when she came back she got a view of his full naked body. All of the damage from yesterday seemed almost gone. There wasn't much evidence left that he had been hurt at all. He sat up and swung his legs to the side of the bed. She met him at the edge of the bed and hugged around his neck. His arms started around her waist but quickly found her ass.

With one quick yank she was straddling  him on the edge of the bed. She kissed him deeply and leaned her forehead against his. He went to say something but Sam barged in.

Chelsea screamed and pressed her chest against Bucky, Bucky however grabbed the sheet and threw it over her. "Dude!" He yelled to Sam.

"Sorry, we leave in an hour" he said, quickly darting out of the room. Chelsea and Bucky laughed about it and got up. Their shower consisted of the pair standing in each other's arms. They took turns washing each other, she had to stop him from any funny business when it was time to wash between her legs.

"Save it for the plane, baby" she said with a quick laugh. He sighed and obliged standing up quickly and giving her a kiss.

They group was almost late getting out the door, Sam blamed the couple but they were waiting at the door 20 minutes ago. Sam was late getting up.

This time, without Zemo, the plane ride was less nerve wracking. But Clint was with them instead. He tried not to stare at Chelsea and Bucky but he almost couldn't stop himself, he's never seen Chelsea so happy. He already knew what her answer would be when they arrived in Lousiana, she wasn't coming home with him. He was still going to try.

Bucky started to get uneasy a few hours before landing, he knew Clint was going to take Chelsea with him when he left. He wanted to ask her to stay, but how do you ask someone to abandon their brother? He was rehersing the conversation in his head, probably not hearing anything going on in the plane.

When they landed Chelsea was the first one off the plane, she stretched and laid in the grass spread out like she was making snow angels. She was so beautiful, he knew he was going to miss her.

He went to approach her, ask her to stay, beg her to stay. But Clint beat him to it. The 2 spoke for what felt like forever, then she started to cry. They pressed their foreheads together and hugged, he started to cry too. Clint reached over and wiped her tears, nodding at her.

Chelsea got up and looked at Bucky, he felt the knot in his stomach. He pictured the worst, Clint convinced her to break up with him and follow him to New York, Bucky knew it. He didn't want to hear her say it, he wanted to run. But he was at least going to ask her to stay together, he'd visit as often as possible.

When she reached him she still had a few tears rolling down her cheeks and she wiped them away, putting on a smile.

"Hi.." she said shyly, she wrapped her arms around his torso. Bucky wanted to cry, he didn't want her to go. This wasn't fair, he finally found someone important to him and she was leaving.

"Listen.." he said, he tried to say more but it got stuck in his throat.

"Don't go" he finally choked out after an awkward silence. She hadn't let go of his torso the entire time. But she looked up at him, she couldn't read the look on his face.

"I know Clint's trying to take you home, and I know you should go. But please don't, stay with me" he said, he stared down at her. He was terrified, then he saw a tear roll down her face. Here it comes, the heartbreak. He braced himself for it.

She just smiled, she stared up at him and smiled. "Buck.." she paused, taking a long breath, trying not to cry again.

"Stay, please" he said, he felt like he could fall to the ground and beg.

She reached up and cupped his face in her hand. "I wasn't leaving" she said. "I'm upset because I don't know when I'll see Clint again. I don't want to leave, I want to stay with you. I didn't know if you wanted me, but I had to try"

Bucky smiled so big his face hurt, he picked her up to his level and kissed her. The kiss was hungry, needy. She didn't want it to end.

"You want me to stay?" She said when he pulled away, he was still holding her to his height. He leaned forward and kissed the tip of her nose. "I was prepared to beg you to stay" he said. She laughed and leaned her forehead on his.

"I was prepared to beg you to let me stay" she said. They both laughed and he sat her back on the ground. Clint was still standing a ways back, watching them. Chelsea let go of Bucky and walked over to Clint.

"I told you he'd want you to stay" he said, knocking his forehead into hers with a rough thud before pulling her into a hug.

"Tell Laura and the kids I miss them, okay? I love you guys. I just don't have anything left in New York aside from you.."

Clint reached over and grabbed her head, another hard thud as their foreheads hit. "I know, your home is with him. I love you. Don't hesitate to call me anytime, I'm always here for you." He said, finally releasing her head. He moved to walk away but stopped a few feet from his car and turned around to face her again.

"And call Peter, he's worried sick." He said, and with that he got in the car and left. She stared at his car until it was nothing but faint taillights. That's when she turned around to face Bucky again, he was smiling but he looked sad. She walked over to him and took his hands into hers.

"I know you miss him already, but I'm so glad you're staying" he said. He leaned his forehead down to hers and rested on her. "Me too" she said softly.

With that Bucky lead her to Sam's truck and helped her in, climbing in beside her. The 3 drove for what felt like forever, maybe she was just tired. 26 hours in a plane is a long time. This time there was no storm to extend their flight and she was happy about it. She laid her head on Bucky's shoulder and quietly drifted off.