Chapter 21

It's been 4 years since Candice was born. But she wasn't alone anymore. They had a son, James Francis Barnes. Their son was two years old and somehow the opposite of his sister. He had jet black hair like Bucky but warm honey colored eyes like Chelsea. Chelsea was also 6 months pregnant with another boy.

Chelsea insisted she wanted to name their son after James, he could never tell her no and he liked the idea. She suggested Steve as a middle name, to honor his best friend but he preferred Francis. Clints middle name, her father's middle name. But he didn't object to Grant Anthony Barnes for the baby growing inside her. Grant was Steve's middle name and Anthony obviously for Tony. Sentimental names were important to Chelsea, Bucky thought it was adorable.

As promised Bucky retired when he found out she was pregnant again. They were both ecstatic about it, but Bucky promised Sam if it was urgent he would help Sam. Chelsea was more than happy with the idea.

Frank came around regularly now, lately bringing a woman with him, Karen. She was beautiful and he seemed to really care about her. Chelsea was so relieved to see that he was letting himself be happy again. He deserved it.

Sam was the godfather of all three kids, Yelena was the godmother of the first two but Chelsea recently announced Kate Bishop was the godmother of their unborn son. Yelena was more than happy to share with Kate.

Peter stayed in New York but made monthly trips to visit, one of the guest bedrooms was permanently turned into Peter's room.

Bucky's opinion of Chelsea was unchanged, she was still the most beautiful woman he has ever seen, maybe even more beautiful somehow.  Maybe it was because she changed his life. She took a lonely man, an ex assassin and made him a father and a husband. Before she found out she was pregnant with baby number three she was finishing up her right arm sleeve. This arm was different from the rest of her, it was darker. All her tattoos were greyscale but this arm was more Bucky's style, a little more bold. The background was the pattern of his vibranium arm, she didn't think he noticed it but he did. He noticed immediately. Her entire arm from shoulder to wrist held the same pattern as his black and gold arm. But on the surface was the same beautiful floral, foresty theme. Instead of bees though were spiders. Black Widows for Natasha and Yelena and unique radioactive spiders for Peter. On the inside of her arm, up by her armpit was a small red star. Bucky didn't know why she insisted on having that but she told him it was because it signified what he endured to get to her. He wasn't a broken man, he was just patiently waiting for something that he didn't know about yet.

Their life was beautiful. Chelsea and Bucky took care of each other, they always made sure the other knew how important they were to each other. They had weekly date nights to be alone, Sam and Sarah were always willing to babysit. Once a month the couple took a weekend away, either Peter or Clint would stay at the house. They would go to a hotel or a road trip or fly somewhere beautiful.

Even though their life was hectic Bucky never stopped their nightly routine. They would fuck like it was the first time, he would carry her to the shower and pamper her then massage her whole body until she fell asleep.

Bucky had just finished massaging her for the night and he maneuvered her to lay on his chest, she wrapped her arms around him while he kissed her head. The last thing she heard before drifting off was Bucky whispering "You're safe with me, babygirl"