Tang x abused reader

A simple hang out. That was all. With Tang's loudest and angriest friend.

You couldn't really handle pigsy. He was one to shout, with a short fuse. Just like your older brother Dean.

Whom of which was throwing every insult in the book at you at the moment. His temper flaring due to your lack of a job.

Your older brother had basically fended for the both of you since your parents passed away when you were little. It had been rough for you both and despite his best efforts not to, he resented you for it.

Dean's fist rammed the wall next to your head making you flinch violently.

"Are you even LISTENING?! Y/n you can't just keep being a leech."

You tried to keep your pulse from thrumming too fast. Panic made you an easy target.

"I-I have an interview!" You sputtered when he pulled his fist back.

Your brother paused.

"Where? When?"

You flinched at the words as if they themselves were punches. You hadn't meant to lie. It had slipped out. But if you took it back now- the bruise on your stomach burned as if it was warning enough.

"A-At a noodle shop." You responded quickly. "Tonight, in a little bit actually."

Your brother eyed you suspiciously.

"I thought you had a date tonight."

You resisted the urge to squirm.

"Tang introduced me. He said he might be able to help me get a job." You rambled keeping your eyes on the floor.

Dean frowned.

"I don't want you running around with that nerd. He's useless in a fight. And what if someone hurts you?"

'Like you?'  You inquired mentally. But you kept your mouth shut. Your brother was full of contradictions.

He wanted you safe outside but when you were with him it didn't matter if you wore a few bruises. Nothing extreme, but enough to make you obedient.

That was one reason you hadn't told Tang. Your brother loved you. Dearly. And you loved him. Tang might panic at the bruises and assume the worst. It was best not to allow for an overreaction.

"But if he helps me get a job, then you won't have to work double shifts." You propositioned gently looking up and infusing as much hope and worry into your gaze as possible.

Dean rolled his eyes.

"Assuming you do any work and don't get fired within five minutes. You're useless y/n." He stated the last bit matter of factly. As though it was a simple fact everyone knew. "Just try not to show it."

You nodded just as a knock came at the door.

Your brother stepped away muttering about a nerd and something useless before he went into his room and shut the door.

Dean was not the social type. Just the opposite. He intimidated more people around him and was severely over protective over you.

Which you found odd considering the only protecting you ever really required was from his temper.

Pressing away the depressing thoughts you straightened your appearance as much as possible and rushed to open the door.

Tang grinned as the door flew open only to pause mentally when your smile appeared to be...fake?

Weren't you happy to see him? He'd been careful to plan this outing by sidestepping all the times your brother had outlined to you as unacceptable. It had been a challenge really. If he hadn't known any better he'd think your brother was attempting to keep you away from him.