Chapter 8

"You shouldn't have tried to run away from us Luigi," Cheryl said with a sigh. "You could've come back with us. Maybe you could've even become a member." Luigi shook his head. She just smiled at him. "I like your hair." He glared at her. He tried to worm out of the ropes that held him. He looked at the floor, it was no use. "It's nice to see you again," She said. "I thought you were dead so this is a pleasant surprise." He tried to speak but it was just muffled grumbles because of the gag. "We're approaching the headquarters," Cheryl spoke into her phone. She glanced at Luigi. "Yeah, I've got him." She hung up. She looked back at Luigi and frowned. "I'm sorry about this, I really am." Luigi grumbled again. She just kept smiling. "Would you rather have The Knights after you?" Luigi's gaze dropped to the ground. If he got caught by The Knight's, they would kill him. "That's what I thought."

Luigi grumbled again.

A man wearing a pizza chain walked up to them. His chain wasn't a normal slice of pizza, like the others were, but a whole one. The man bowed a little.

"Basil." He said plainly.

She bowed back. "Deep Dish. I found him." The man looked at Luigi.

"This is the one who kidnapped Sir Patty?" He asked.

"Yes." Cheryl nodded. The man looked back at Luigi and laughed.

"Don't look so nervous! We're not the Knights! We won't kill you," He said. Luigi grumbled.

"Should I remove his gag?" Cheryl asked. The man nodded.

"It's not like he'll be able to call for help." Cheryl pulled out a knife and sliced Luigi's gag loose. He glared at her. She looked at him, confused.

"I thought you would try to spit on me or something," She said. "I mean, you probably hate me right?" He shook his head. She risked her life to save him, he couldn't hate her. She looked at him sadly.

"Come Luigi," The man said. Luigi followed him. "Follow me." The man led him through the building. It was covered in pizza decorations. From a pizza waiting bench to a pizza themed fountain. There were many pizza posters on the walls. "I am the right hand man of our leader." The man said.

"W-w-why am I here?" Luigi asked. The man stopped.

"You're going to continue where you left off." He said. "I have another task for you. It is our biggest project yet." The man started walking again. He led Luigi to an odd looking room, the walls were lined with glass cases, the glass cases held what looked like pizza weapons. The man looked at the cases. "I hear you're a good chef," He said. Luigi nodded.

"I-I've heard that too." Luigi said.

"I want you to help us make our pizza weapons," The man continued. Another Order of the Slice member entered the room. The man pointed to the other member. "You will be making these weapons with Cauliflower." The member waved. "He is our weapon expert." Luigi swallowed.

"W-when do I start?"

The man grinned.

"Now."

***

"Alright Luigi, we're going to start with a simple one." Cauliflower said. "This one isn't really a weapon, it's a parachute, a pizza-chute." Luigi sighed. That was the stupidest thing he'd ever heard. He grabbed some dough and began to knead it. "It's got to be really big," Cauliflower said. Luigi kept kneading, he needed to find a way out of this. He looked around, trying to find some sort of escape route.

"I don't know how to make a parachute out of a pizza." Luigi said. Cauliflower shrugged.

"There's no need to worry about that. I'll show you." Luigi didn't even pretend to pay attention as Cauliflower made a pizza-chute. He slowly reached for the pizza cutter. Luigi swallowed down his fear. "See how I'm-" Cauliflower cut off with a gasp as Luigi held the pizza cutter to his throat.