Chapter 20

Luigi started to walk to the exit, then that walk became a jog, then it became a sprint. His heart was pounding. This was it. Once he got out of here, he would be free. Surprisingly, nobody tried to stop him. Some people gave him odd looks, but nobody tried to stop him. He saw Cheryl, her back was turned so see couldn't see Luigi. She seemed to be yelling at someone, and that someone appeared to be Mushroom, who was yelling twice as loud. They are still arguing? Luigi thought. He ignored it and ran out the door. He felt a surge of relief and excitement. He did it.

Then he ran full force into another person. "Ah! S-sorry!" Luigi landed on his butt, the pavement was hard, and it might have given him a bruise. He looked up at the man he bumped into. He was still standing, towering over Luigi. He was wearing a trench coat, like he was hiding something. The man looked down at him.

"Are you alright?" The man asked. Luigi quickly stood up.

He cleared his throat. "Yeah-uh-I'm fine." Luigi looked down at the floor. Even when Luigi was standing, the man still towered over him. The man's eyebrows shot up when he saw Luigi's hair. It didn't look pink anymore, it looked pale and ugly.

Luigi quickly tried to cover it with his hands. "I-uh-"

"Are you Luigi?"

Luigi stepped back. "Uh-how do you-" The man opened his trench coat, revealing a sushi belt buckle.

"I am the leader of the Sushi Society." Sushi Society?! How many of these crazy cults are there?! The man must have realized how terrified Luigi was, because he immediately grabbed Luigi's wrist before he could run away.

"Wh-what do you want?" Luigi asked desperately.

"I heard you were the best cook around." He said.

"Oh, I don't know about the best." Luigi said sheepishly. Then he shook his head. He definitely shouldn't have been flattered. "You want me to make sushi for you?"

The man nodded. "You are going to be our chef forever," He said. "Whether you like it or not."